Honored Contributor

Belle by Kim Gravel Beauty Heartbreak

I recently bought a Hover Cover concealer from Amazon.  When it arrived, I pumped and pumped the pump and nothing came out.  I returned it for an exchange.  Well, I just got my replacement and the same thing.  No product comes out of the pump.  What a disappointment.  The Amazon Store that it comes from looks like it's from the Belle Beauty store, but I don't know that there is any way to tell for sure.  

I did contact the Belle Beauty web page.  If the store is not affiliated with them, then maybe they can get them taken down.  They are using her picture on it.

Valued Contributor

Re: Belle by Kim Gravel Beauty Heartbreak

@Icegoddess   Did you try pumping it at least 20 times?  Sometimes it takes that long for the product to come out. That's my experience anyway. 

Honored Contributor

@simplyfriends wrote:

@Icegoddess   Did you try pumping it at least 20 times?  Sometimes it takes that long for the product to come out. That's my experience anyway. 

@simplyfriends Oh, yes!  I have probably pumped it 100 times by now.  

Valued Contributor

I've never used this product; however, I have had a coupl...

I've never used this product; however, I have had a couple of pump products in years past that wouldn't work until I managed to twist off the top and put it back on.  Something about getting a bit of air in helped.  If the container on the concealer is such that it is not possible to remove it, give a quick sequence of half pumps alternating with a full few ones.  You have to get some air worked into the container for it to push out the product.  Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon has some strange 3rd party vendors from my experience.

Honored Contributor

Re: I've never used this product; however, I have had a coupl...

@OkeyDokey The top doesn't come off, but I did try taking the pump off and put it back on, as well as the half pumps you suggested.  No luck.

Esteemed Contributor

I had the same issue with Beekmans shampoo and conditioner.  After twisting to pop out the pump top nothing pumped out.  Took the top off, took a glass of hot water, held pump in glass and pumped away.  Water pumped through.  Both worked and pumps are fine now for shampoo and conditioner.

Valued Contributor

@Icegoddess   I looked at some reviews and it seems to be an issue

5C19ECD1-A8F9-4611-B12E-98628C9A9F11.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I had the same issue with Beekmans shampoo and conditioner.  After twisting to pop out the pump top nothing pumped out.  Took the top off, took a glass of hot water, held pump in glass and pumped away.  Water pumped through.  Both worked and pumps are fine now for shampoo and conditioner.

@mspatmac mine is a sealed container.  For shampoo or conditioner I often put them in smaller containers anyways and leave them upside down in the shower caddy.

Honored Contributor

@simplyfriends I didn't have any problem with the one I got from QVC.  I love the actual product.  I'm wondering if this is counterfeit.  I know Amazon has a problem with that (and probably does nothing about it).