Honored Contributor

Re: Belle Beauty

[ Edited ]

@Gorgf wrote:

Kim mentioned today when on with Carolyn her lipstick tubes were so good ,lipstick will not melt in the car in the heat of summer. She specifically mentoned Atlanta, GE. Can anyone attest to that or just another misnomer thrown out to the Q shopper ? 

@Gorgf   IMO, it’s BS. Most lipsticks have some form of “wax” as a base even if oils, etc. are added or are matte. It’s a melted liquid poured into molds and then sets.

I’ve had almost every brand of lipstick over the years and all melt in my purse if left in the car in NC heat...sometimes even in direct sun in cooler weather, too. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Any makeup will look heavy if you apply it that way.  Its put on heavy for TV and they apply it several times during the demo's.  When I apply mine it does not look that way and I am no makeup expert for sure.

@Imaoldhippie   I’ve wondered whether they’re all actually wearing the line they’re selling or theatrical makeup. It’s much heavier, HD friendly, many times applied with an airbrush to cover all flaws and meant to stand up all day under hot lights and close ups. That would account for the over the top looks. Very few models, on cosmetic shows,  come out bare faced. The vendor “adds” to what’s already been applied. Of course, that’s going to look overdone.