Honored Contributor

Re: Before putting on makeup/skin care products do you ALWAYS . . .

@tends2dogs 

A kiss?  From another woman??  Humm, how about a pat on the back Smiley Happy

He had terrible separation anxiety when we first got him Smiley Sad  We had to buy a large crate to keep him still during heart worm treatment (4 months total).  When I would leave the house he would thrash around moving the crate and spilling everything.  One day my husband hid so he would think we  both left.  He nearly toppled the cage getting his leg trapped between the door and side.  He may have broken his leg if my husband hadn't been here.  He's secure and calm now.  The most chillaxed dog we've ever had.  

Esteemed Contributor

I never wash my hands before putting on makeup. It has never occurred to me to do that. Never. I'm not putting my hands in my mouth after all. I wash my hands after putting on makeup only if I got makeup on my hands while applying it (often it is not even necessary after putting on makeup because I don't get it on my hands).

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm pretty much always applying makeup after a shower, so yes.

Definitely before putting in contacts.

I wash my hands, it seems, now after Covid, after and before everything~and not planning on changing. Good habits to adopt.

Honored Contributor

Yes!!! I am even more aware of this since the virus!  I was kind of careful before, but now I really am!  I have such touchy skin any way that I figure the less "germs" that get on my face, the better!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Before I put on my makeup I wash my face -- foam cleanser turns into lather, Vanilla MIlk toner which aids in pores looking smaller and then my moisturizer then wash my hands too with soap.

@Katcat1   I wash hands beofre skincare and again before and after suscreen. Then onto makeup. I do tend to keep my hands off my face during the day...especially since COVID. 

Like another poster, I have stacks (at least 3 dozen) white wash cloths from discount stores. When the cloth comes clean, I know my makeup is off. 

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@tends2dogs 

A kiss?  From another woman??  Humm, how about a pat on the back Smiley Happy

He had terrible separation anxiety when we first got him Smiley Sad  We had to buy a large crate to keep him still during heart worm treatment (4 months total).  When I would leave the house he would thrash around moving the crate and spilling everything.  One day my husband hid so he would think we  both left.  He nearly toppled the cage getting his leg trapped between the door and side.  He may have broken his leg if my husband hadn't been here.  He's secure and calm now.  The most chillaxed dog we've ever had.  

@monicakm Wow, you really came to his rescue.  Whe we fall in love with our pets we are willing to do anything for them.  What was the treatment for heartworm?  Your DH sounds like mine.  He worries about our guy as much as I do.  I am glad that he was home to help him with the cage debacle.  

Okay, a pat on the back will do. Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Always before and after!

Respected Contributor

I wear contacts so the first thing I do is wash my hands.

I may not always wash my face immediately after that, and if I wait to do it later I don't wash my hands because I'm applying cleanser on my face so it's doing double-duty.

If I wait to apply makeup, I honestly can't remember if I wash my hands first.  LOL  I use brushes so fresh washed hands I don't believe are a must.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

We were both in the right place at the right time.  It was a God-thing Smiley Happy

The treatment for heartworms (and he was in an advanced stage) is a long and expensive one.  The worms, adults and larvae, have to be slowly expelled as to not all die at once and clog the heart and lungs, causing death.  The dog also has to be kept still/confined because activity can also cause the worms to be active and cause damage/death in the heart lungs liver and kidneys.  We were able to let him out of the cage and he pretty much just layed on his cot.  I took him out a few times a day to use the bathroom but I had to stay home for 4 months to care for him.  The worms and treatment is hard on doggos and can leave them not at 100% after treatment.  He's thriving now tho Smiley Happy  If the vets are right guessing his age, he's 10+ now.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I apply skincare and make-up directly after washing my face so there is no reason for me to wash my hands.  They would have been washed from cleanser.

I don't apply any make-up with my hands/fingers so there is no reason for me to wash off in between application of products either.  After I am totally done with my make-up, I go into the bathroom and wash my hands, then apply setting spray.