Contributor

Re: Before blowdrying, what volumizing product do you apply to your towel-dried short hair?

Aquage root lifting foam
Respected Contributor

Re: Before blowdrying, what volumizing product do you apply to your towel-dried short hair?

I use Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Spray. This is the best I have ever tried. I was a faithful user of Nick Chavez original Volumizing Spray until they discontinued it. A friend gave me a small bottle of Paul Mitchell and oh my gosh! I was a convert. I even went and purchased the matching Shampoo. I do not use conditioner only a dab of Nick's Plump and Thick Leave in Conditioner before the spray, then the spray, then Nick's soft flocker. This works for me. My hair is medium but not shoulder length, very fine and straight.

Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Spray 2.5oz 500x500

Respected Contributor

On 2/17/2015 kcladyz said:

Suave has a volumizing blow dry spray that thickens your hair as you blow dry its really good

Thank you so much for this recommendation. It was 5.99 at Krogers. Used it twice to blow dry my hair. Lots of volume. Love it!

Super Contributor

Aquage gel by Aquage.
Respected Contributor

dove has a new leave in cream part of that new shampoo line. something to do with ageing. walmart has it it has collegen in it and supposed to plum the hair. it smells great and moisterizing

Super Contributor

A BIG THANKYOU to all who recommended the Suave Luxe. I bought some this weekend after reading all your reviews and I love it!!!!

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 conlt said:

I use Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Spray. This is the best I have ever tried. I was a faithful user of Nick Chavez original Volumizing Spray until they discontinued it. A friend gave me a small bottle of Paul Mitchell and oh my gosh! I was a convert. I even went and purchased the matching Shampoo. I do not use conditioner only a dab of Nick's Plump and Thick Leave in Conditioner before the spray, then the spray, then Nick's soft flocker. This works for me. My hair is medium but not shoulder length, very fine and straight.

Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Spray 2.5oz 500x500

I'd like to try this. I love tea tree products.

Valued Contributor

On 2/17/2015 CAshopper2011 said: I have one from Got2Be (powder'ful) and I think that it might be very similar. It is mostly silica silylate powder and can be pretty crazy if you sprinkle too much on your hair! I like it for days that I don't wash my hair

I use the Got2Be powder every day and love it. I read on these boards not to sprinkle the powder onto the scalp but to sprinkle on to the fingertips and massage into the scalp and hair. This method works great for my short, very fine hair. Love this stuff. If my hair gets a little flat throughout the day, I just run my fingers through it and it looks great. It is only $ 4.28 at my local Walmart and a small bottle lasts me a very long time. It doesn't take much product to get the lift.

Respected Contributor

On 2/17/2015 Cookie06 said:

Big Sexy Hair Powder Play Volumizing and Texturizing Powder is ideal for instant volume on dry hair and the fastest, easiest way to get big sexy hair in a few seconds!OMG I have a short style and I had tried everything when my sister brought me a sample of this Powder Play!!! Wow, just sprinkle a little on freshly blow dried hair and you get allllll the volummmmeeee you could ever ask for. It is not cheap, but boy you will be shocked at the lift you get with this stuff. I purchased mine off of ebay and got it for like a third of the price. Excellent and I would advise anybody to use it. I have tons of hair but it is fine and with a short cut, volume is so great. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I have this too and it does work great. I just wish it came in dark colors as it makes my brown hair look dusty.

Esteemed Contributor

Goldwell Volume Style Top Whip 4 Mousse!...Gives volume and hold...It's the best!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~