Respected Contributor

Re: Before blowdrying, what volumizing product do you apply to your towel-dried short hair?

On 2/17/2015 GmaJewele said:
On 2/17/2015 kcladyz said:

Suave has a volumizing blow dry spray that thickens your hair as you blow dry its really good

I totally agree!! I love this stuff! It's the best I've ever used on my longish fine hair. I bought one bottle, then a week later I bought a second so I wouldn't be out. Not a bad price at around $5.00 !!!

Thank you for posting this. I was just looking at the Nick Chavez stuff in the can earlier this evening, and it is $19. I'm going to pick up this tomorrow. I'm in a fall out mode, and I need some help. THANKS!!!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

Re: Before blowdrying, what volumizing product do you apply to your towel-dried short hair?

Wen Mousse! My hair loves it!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

I use 3 different products at the same time. After towel drying, and I like to make sure my hair is a little on the drier side, I spray RUSK THICK (a texturizing, volumizing spray), then use either Aquage Uplifting Foam or Neuma Volume Gel (just bought the gel at my hairdressers a couple of wks ago & it works great), then spritz some Living Proof Texture Mist on my hands and spread on my hair avoiding the roots. This combo gives my hair great volume. One product alone doesn't do the job. I always use the Rusk and Living Proof but mix up the 2nd step. Either using a gel or the foam or something else in my stash. I find my hair does better with mixing up the products just like my shampoos. I never use the same shampoo 2 days in a row. Sounds complicated and weird but it works for me!
Valued Contributor

I use Vavoom volumizing mousse in the black can. Just a golf ball size does it.

Honored Contributor

I use aquage thickening spray gel. This product really works without buildup.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

I wear my hair short, 2-2.5" on top when it is freshly cut. I have super fine, thin hair. I found what works for me and it makes me look like I have a thick, gorgeous head of hair!!!

I recently found KMS texturizing shampoo and love it! I also use Paul Mitchell #3 Clarifying shampoo twice a week.

I want a matte, dry look to my hair when it's styled.

I spray KMS sea salt spray on the roots, then rub through hair. Then I use just a little Joico extra firm gel in the crown and bangs.

I blow it dry using my fingers. I never run a brush through it after drying because it'll just flatten it out. The more you mess with fine or thin hair, the flatter it gets. I check my hair in the mirror to be sure the back and everything is ok (the way I want it). I use my fingers if anything needs to be adjusted. Then I use a little Redken #10 spray (it's for volume and humidity, light hold).

The more you mess with fine or thin hair, the less body and hold you'll have. Never run a brush through it after shampooing.

Regular Contributor

I just bought 2 of the Suave blow dry infusion at Target. I can't wait to try it!!
Regular Contributor

On 2/18/2015 vandyfan said: I just bought 2 of the Suave blow dry infusion at Target. I can't wait to try it!!

vandyfan, let us know how you like it! I LOVE it for my hair!

Valued Contributor

I use Got-2-be spiking gel. Blue stuff that is only $4-5 at Target or drugstores. Gives my fine, thick hair lots of support.