Super Contributor

Re: Before blowdrying, what volumizing product do you apply to your towel-dried short hair?

Kenra taffy. my stylist says to use it on dry hair, but I put on wet hair.

Respected Contributor

Re: Before blowdrying, what volumizing product do you apply to your towel-dried short hair?

I towel dry my hair first til it's damp.

Then I use ISO Bouncy Cream and Alterna 48 Hr Volumizing Spray (or something like that)...then I blow dry using a very small round brush. When I'm done blow drying, I flip my head over and blow dry it on hot then cold and flip my head back up.....spray it ...then take a pic and "arrange it". After it dries I pic it out and apply another light spray all over.

My hair is short.....in between Jill and Nancy Hornbeck's.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

On 2/17/2015 GmaJewele said:
On 2/17/2015 kcladyz said:

Suave has a volumizing blow dry spray that thickens your hair as you blow dry its really good

I totally agree!! I love this stuff! It's the best I've ever used on my longish fine hair. I bought one bottle, then a week later I bought a second so I wouldn't be out. Not a bad price at around $5.00 !!!

I love it too!

Super Contributor

Goldwell Style Sign Top Whip 4 has replaced what I used for years (Sebastian Molding Mud). Goldwell products are a bit pricier, but are outstanding and last a long time. Works well on damp to wet hair, vandyfan!

Frequent Contributor

Bumble and Bumble thickening spray.
Respected Contributor

On 2/17/2015 brandiwine said:
On 2/17/2015 GmaJewele said:
On 2/17/2015 kcladyz said:

Suave has a volumizing blow dry spray that thickens your hair as you blow dry its really good

I totally agree!! I love this stuff! It's the best I've ever used on my longish fine hair. I bought one bottle, then a week later I bought a second so I wouldn't be out. Not a bad price at around $5.00 !!!

I love it too!

well now I'm gonna try this. I use Suave Shampoo and conditioner.
Valued Contributor

Big Sexy Hair Powder Play Volumizing and Texturizing Powder is ideal for instant volume on dry hair and the fastest, easiest way to get big sexy hair in a few seconds!OMG I have a short style and I had tried everything when my sister brought me a sample of this Powder Play!!! Wow, just sprinkle a little on freshly blow dried hair and you get allllll the volummmmeeee you could ever ask for. It is not cheap, but boy you will be shocked at the lift you get with this stuff. I purchased mine off of ebay and got it for like a third of the price. Excellent and I would advise anybody to use it. I have tons of hair but it is fine and with a short cut, volume is so great. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Occasional Contributor

Taya, thickening mist!

Trusted Contributor

On 2/17/2015 Cookie06 said:

Big Sexy Hair Powder Play Volumizing and Texturizing Powder is ideal for instant volume on dry hair and the fastest, easiest way to get big sexy hair in a few seconds!OMG I have a short style and I had tried everything when my sister brought me a sample of this Powder Play!!! Wow, just sprinkle a little on freshly blow dried hair and you get allllll the volummmmeeee you could ever ask for. It is not cheap, but boy you will be shocked at the lift you get with this stuff. I purchased mine off of ebay and got it for like a third of the price. Excellent and I would advise anybody to use it. I have tons of hair but it is fine and with a short cut, volume is so great. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I have one from Got2Be (powder'ful) and I think that it might be very similar. It is mostly silica silylate powder and can be pretty crazy if you sprinkle too much on your hair! I like it for days that I don't wash my hair
Honored Contributor

On 2/17/2015 LucyGoose said:

Big sexy hair blow dry volumizing gel.

That's the one I use too!