Trusted Contributor

Re: Before blowdrying, what volumizing product do you apply to your towel-dried short hair?

After I wash and towel dry my hair I apply Kenra platinum texturizing taffy it's a sculpting fiber creme and gives my short hair lots of body. It's a little pricey I get it at the beauty supply store, it smells like heaven and I love it.

Valued Contributor

Re: Before blowdrying, what volumizing product do you apply to your towel-dried short hair?

On 2/17/2015 CAshopper2011 said:
On 2/17/2015 Cookie06 said:

Big Sexy Hair Powder Play Volumizing and Texturizing Powder is ideal for instant volume on dry hair and the fastest, easiest way to get big sexy hair in a few seconds!OMG I have a short style and I had tried everything when my sister brought me a sample of this Powder Play!!! Wow, just sprinkle a little on freshly blow dried hair and you get allllll the volummmmeeee you could ever ask for. It is not cheap, but boy you will be shocked at the lift you get with this stuff. I purchased mine off of ebay and got it for like a third of the price. Excellent and I would advise anybody to use it. I have tons of hair but it is fine and with a short cut, volume is so great. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I have one from Got2Be (powder'ful) and I think that it might be very similar. It is mostly silica silylate powder and can be pretty crazy if you sprinkle too much on your hair! I like it for days that I don't wash my hair

That sounds the same as the PowderPlay. I love that stuff. You can go as big as you want, if I just run my fingers through my hair I can make it stand on end!!! But I fluff, then shape. It doesn't look shiny or feel sticky to me. I think probably your Got2Be is probably alot cheaper, I will try that one when I run out of mine. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

Super Contributor

Thank you all so much, got a lot great ideas from reading this thread.

Trusted Contributor

Tigi Catwalk Root Boost for lift and texture:

Regular Contributor

I just used the Suave blow dry spray. WOW!! I have never had such immediate results. Amazing. Would you believe that the 5 oz size I bought at Target for $4.95 is sold on Amazon for over $16???? I've bought lots of stuff from Amazon, just couldn't believe that price. I always bought and used the mousse.
Super Contributor

On 2/18/2015 Mistic said:
On 2/17/2015 GmaJewele said:
On 2/17/2015 kcladyz said:

Suave has a volumizing blow dry spray that thickens your hair as you blow dry its really good

I totally agree!! I love this stuff! It's the best I've ever used on my longish fine hair. I bought one bottle, then a week later I bought a second so I wouldn't be out. Not a bad price at around $5.00 !!!

Thank you for posting this. I was just looking at the Nick Chavez stuff in the can earlier this evening, and it is $19. I'm going to pick up this tomorrow. I'm in a fall out mode, and I need some help. THANKS!!!

This product is buy one, get one half off at Rite Aide this week in case you're interested.

Super Contributor

Thicker Fuller Hair Instantly Thick Serum ... this stuff is fantastic!

Super Contributor

Rusk Thick. After I blow dry, I spray in either Oribe Dry Texturizing or KMS Hair Play Makeover Texturizer.

Trusted Contributor

I love Living Proof's Full Thickening mousse (not the cream!) on my fine, naturally curly hair, followed by TIGI's Curls Amplifyer (emulsified in wet palms before scrunching into my hair) to amplify my curl. I've tried a lot of thickening/volumizing products in the past and none has worked as well on my hair as this mousse so I've stuck with it and stopped experimenting.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!