Honored Contributor

When demonstrating before/after makeup shots, why do they always make the comment "of course she looks beautiful in the before, she's a beautiful woman" BUT ....  

Regular Contributor

The majority of the time, I can't even see the difference between the before and after photos.  Sometimes the after looks worse.

Honored Contributor

@SueyMsB wrote:

The majority of the time, I can't even see the difference between the before and after photos.  Sometimes the after looks worse.

Agree!  I briefly watched Leah this AM with the TSV.  I honestly could see no difference in the B and A and the stuff is expensive!!

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

When demonstrating before/after makeup shots, why do they always make the comment "of course she looks beautiful in the before, she's a beautiful woman" BUT ....  

@rms1954 I suppose they want to make sure that we don't think that QVC thinks the model was unattractive or ugly before the make up.  Frankly, I have been a bit shocked at seeing some of the models without makeup.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

The b&a pictures posted on the website for the TSV are nothing to write home about. I wouldn't buy that stuff even if it cost half that.

Honored Contributor

Re: Before and Afters

[ Edited ]

I've heard them say that too. I guess they want to remind us that their product will make us even more beautiful? 🤔

Sometimes I think the lighting looks different in the before and after photos. No smile in a before photo and a smile in the after photo also makes a difference IMO.

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips One of the parts of Project Runway that I most enjoy is the models coming in for fittings. Some of them look like ordinary women off the street. But watch out! When they go to hair and makeup, they are transformed. It is all about bone structure and features. Makeup artists can paint a beautiful face on the right canvas.

I have mentioned this in the past. The before photo of a cosmetic photo shoot is often the one that is "touched up." Eyeshadow below the eye makes dark circles, concealer in eyebrows makes them look sparse, etc. All the flaws are then removed and the after look is applied. The model's look is dramatically improved. 

Honored Contributor

I didnt see any differences in the B and A of the woman on the Sunday presentation. 

Honored Contributor

@SueyMsB 

It's power of suggestion.  They are salespeople and it's their job to sell you products any method possible within the law.  

Esteemed Contributor

@On It wrote:

@Puppy Lips One of the parts of Project Runway that I most enjoy is the models coming in for fittings. Some of them look like ordinary women off the street. But watch out! When they go to hair and makeup, they are transformed. It is all about bone structure and features. Makeup artists can paint a beautiful face on the right canvas.

I have mentioned this in the past. The before photo of a cosmetic photo shoot is often the one that is "touched up." Eyeshadow below the eye makes dark circles, concealer in eyebrows makes them look sparse, etc. All the flaws are then removed and the after look is applied. The model's look is dramatically improved. 

@On It Seriously?  They do this?  That is very deceptive.  I guess I should not be surprised, but I am.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead