Trusted Contributor

Don’t be fooled. Those “before and after” pictures have entirely different lighting for each photo. The “before” picture is done in a much dimmer light so you can easily see all the wrinkles/puffiness, whereas the “after” picture is done with brighter lights so that the lines, wrinkles are not as visible. You can tell by looking at the hair/eyebrow colors in both pics. The “after” photos are always lighter. Just smoke and mirrors basically. Just trying to trick the eye and makes sales.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Super Contributor

to the original poster: I think you have a great routine going on. just enough and not too much is great. The Dr. Denese products you are using will give you really nice moisturized, smooth skin.

so yeah, befores and afters. I am done with that as well. also, I do not like being shamed and blamed for getting older and having wrinkles. I cannot watch any host and rep screaming- looking at the jowls, look at the deep wrinkles and trying to shame me into buying their products. and blaming me for looking bad without their products. 

here are my favorites over long years: Prinicipal Secret REclaim-10 years.

Esteee Lauder Swiss Performing Extract: 35 years! Dr.Denese hydrosheild-10 years.

The only products from the dept store and their terrible markup-Clarins ( for Xmas and birthday,mother's day) 30 years. Elysee for 10 years.

and finally -I did try and love Perlier honey line because Grandma Elsee uses it and they don't scream at you. and it is great! for winter. great for the older gals!

so all those lines are nice and I use them at different times of the year, or in conjuntion with with each other.

but you have a great routine going. and there is always the history channel to watch and to heck with the before and afters and their bogus claims.

Respected Contributor

Re: Before and Afters

[ Edited ]

I totally agree with th OP.    The before and after pictures for any brand are touched up and therefore fake.   With any luck, because it is better than the alternative, we are all going to continue to age.   You can't stop Mother Nature.  I stopped buying any more skin care products  It got to a point for me though, the last month or so, I used up all of my skin care and, a little embarressed to say, I was using my Suave body lotion on my face and sometimes Vaseline under my eyes at night.   As much as I know the inevitable regarding aging, that we all do get old despite whatever $$$ we spend, I said to myself this is ridiculous.  Yesterday I ordered Prai from HSN, face cream, eye serum, and the neck cream.  All in those pretty decorated little animal jars .   I am so excited.  Holiday presents from me for me YAY!