Respected Contributor

I am a long time user of Josie Maran's body butter...until now.  I bought some Beekman products when they were the TSV a few months ago and have noticed a more improved smoothness in my hands.  Just a little F.Y.I.....if you haven't tried Beekman,  I recommend it.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Beekman vs Josie Maran

[ Edited ]

And I tried both brands of hand creams and body butters. I find Josie Maran's much better, no contest. To each his own.... 

Regular Contributor

Unfortunately the Beekman scents give me migraines, haven't found one I like yet.  The unscented is fine, but I do like a light natural scent overall.  Josie's scents aren't quite so potent and agree with me much more.  Plus I notice Beekman seems to add sandlewood, musk, "warm" scents to most of thier products and those specific things are the kiss of death for my migraines.

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda   I've used the large tubes of Beekman lotion for the hands for years. I purchase them when they offer trios...scents like Vanilla Absolue and Lavender are mild and of course, there's the unscented.

I can say that with washing my hands constantly, this is the best and most moisturizing hand cream I've used. I have a tube in the car, at my sinks and a smaller one in my bag. 

I'm not a fan of any of Josie's products, so can't give you a comparison.

Respected Contributor

I too prefer Beekman over Josie simply because JM is too greasy for me and I need to wait awhile before I can put clothes on.  Scents are good in both brands  IMO.

Respected Contributor

Interesting how some things work for some and others not.  I too have used both and prefer Beekman over Josie Maran's body butter.   Josie's body butter is just too greasy for me and doesn't absorb as well.   Guess that 's why both brands are around.  Nice to have options.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

Both are fine, but-
And then there's First aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream, my favorite. The price went way up which is a bummer, but it's still my fave.

🙂

Respected Contributor

@Thats Me Just for info:   I saw lots of First Aid Beauty at TJMaxx this last year at really good prices.   I don't remember the specific items since I don't use it, but it was there fairly frequently.   I go to several Maxxes and it was at all three.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

I prefer Josie to Beekman, but I have to agree First Aid Beauty is the best.  Since it's gotten so expensive I started using the thick cream in a tube from Trader Joes.  It's great.

Trusted Contributor

@Jk9 @Thank you for telling me! I'll try to check it out.