Regular Contributor

Beekman vanilla

[ Edited ]

Hello all! Those who have used Beekman's Vanilla Absolute---is it a true vanilla scent? 

TIA!

Trusted Contributor

Hmm--true vanilla is hard to define.  No, this does not smell like vanilla beans I use in baking.  Truthfully, I prefer the fragrance-free version of Beekman creams and other products. 

Contributor

This vanilla wasn't what I expected and sadly was returned...I love vanilla scent and this wasn't it.  

Trusted Contributor

To me it smells like men's aftershave.  I don't like any of their scents.

Respected Contributor

I tried it in a hand soap and hand lotion in the caddy quite awhile back. I was disappointed as I just wanted a pure vanilla scent. But this had a slight added scent of musk or something that I did not care for. Hard to describe. I do have the lip balm in vanilla absolute and I don't notice it as much in it. But in the lotion and hand soap it's more pronounced and not what I was looking for in a vanilla scent.  

Respected Contributor

No it doesn't smell like vanilla at all, I returned the vanilla things. I love most incarnations of vanilla scents, but this was some combo of strong unpleasant notes.

Honored Contributor

If you like the smell of true vanilla, this ain't it. I thought it smelled atrocious!

Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone. I have not had success with their scents so I guess I'll skip this one too!

Honored Contributor

I like their snow forest.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

The only thing absolute about this fragrance is the lack of vanilla. I like a more of a vanilla cookie smell, Beekman's vanilla has heavy floral overtones.