Respected Contributor

I have a bunch of the 9oz bar soaps which will probably last me a few years so I was going to pass on the TSV, but I've wanted to try the body creams and I actually like that the smaller bars are in here, as I think those would be easier to handle.  Never tried the lip balms.  I'll give it some thought.  I can always gift some.

Respected Contributor

@stb13 wrote:
Wow, that's a good catch! I never even noticed the size. Personally I like the palm size better they are much easier to hold. If I get the reg size bars I cut them in half (super easy to do btw).

@stb13 I tried cutting one bar in half.  It worked but I also got a bunch of small pieces.  So, I think the smaller bars would be preferable. 

Respected Contributor

Question for those that have tried the Vanilla Absolute -- I've only tried the wipes and I think the Vanilla Absolute is pretty heavily scented.  Are the body cream and soap in this scent the same or less scented?

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

Question for those that have tried the Vanilla Absolute -- I've only tried the wipes and I think the Vanilla Absolute is pretty heavily scented.  Are the body cream and soap in this scent the same or less scented?

@sueinsf  - I agree, the VA wipes have a strong scent. But I think the soap and body cream is softer, a more subtle vanilla scent. One of my favs from this brand!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@sueinsf  - I agree, the VA wipes have a strong scent. But I think the soap and body cream is softer, a more subtle vanilla scent. One of my favs from this brand!

Thanks @Chi-town girl .  You just made this more tempting!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I watched the TSV at midnight.  The one guy was standing and making suds in a bowl w/water.  He had so many suds he put Philosophy to shame.  I think the body cream should be 12 oz. not 8 oz.  I have been using Zum goat milk products for many, many years now.  I love their bar soap in all the pretty colors.  However, maybe one of these days I will give this a try.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I absolutely love their soaps, especially Ylang Ylang, and the Fresh Air scents.  I prefer the original 9 oz. size; they last a very long, luxurious time.

However, I purchased today from HSN, not QVC, because HSN has them for free shipping today!

Honored Contributor

The TSV is a good deal but it has too many of the same products for me. It would last too long and I’d surely see many other items I would want to buy before I used it all up. I do like to use more than one kind of bath product and that makes them last even longer. A smaller kit like the 4 piece Meadowlark one they have would be more practical for me. That scent sounds nice, too. I haven’t tried it yet.

I don’t want a stash. Right now I have a few unopened bath products waiting for me so I really should not even have opened this thread! lol I have caved before but I’m determined to use the nice products I have and I joy them before getting more.

Frequent Contributor
Huh, I wonder why you had pieces when you cut the big bar. I had one little sliver about the size of my fingernail. I wonder if the type of knife matters? I stand it up on the short side and it cuts right thru. I use a serrated knife.
Valued Contributor

I love the Vanilla Absolute in every product. I am sensitive to strong smells and find nothing too scented. I love the Ylang Ylang soap but the hand creme is too strong so wil use on my legs, away  from my nose.  The Orange Blossom is great in the wipes. I use the Sweet Grass hand creme as aromatherapy while working. Really calms me. So I guess what I'm saying is some items are fine in certain fragrances, others not so much. I'm still learning what I like, scent wise, and what I don't care for as much.