Super Contributor

This is not good to hear as I bought some for my SIL for Christmas.

Respected Contributor

@UMDTerpFan  Thanks for another site for a quality goat milk soap and lotion.  I'll have to give them a try.  I really think it's important to check out ingredients, not rely on the hard sell.

Respected Contributor

@Hershey2 wrote:

This is not good to hear as I bought some for my SIL for Christmas.

@Hershey2  I am sure your SIL would love it.  I have some Beekman soaps, and I enjoy using them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beekman soap

[ Edited ]

I've been trying Beekman products slowly since they came to HSN- and I've only bought the unscented/Pure variety. I contacted  the company with a few questions about their products -- and in conversation they told me the unscented options contain extra goat milk and are the most nourishing. So far so good with my 9 oz soap, the NJ/NY  winter will be most telling though!

Honored Contributor

I have used the Beekman soaps on my face and do not find it drying. My husband uses the vanilla absolute on his face and he would be the first to complain about it if it made his skin dry out.

Super Contributor

@Hershey2 - never fear, your SIL will probably love Beekman.  There are some who dislike the product  and/or the vendor and consistently post negative comments and refer people to other vendors.  Ounce for ounce Beekman soap is as good a deal as some of the other sites (especially being triple milled). They do use powdered goat milk in most of their soaps, which does  make it lower on the ingredients list, since ingredients are listed by weight and not quantity.

For what it’s worth, I’ve tried many different goat milk soaps, including one mentioned in this thread. I personally find Beekman to be the best and least drying.   I like fine soaps and also use olive oil soap...like goat milk soap, they aren’t all created equal, either, and there are many different opinions about which are the best. The great news is that there are so many choices that there’s something for everybody.

My guess is that your SIL will be very, very happy with her gift.

Respected Contributor

I tend to have dry skin and have used Beekman soap on my face with no problems.   I've also used the body cream on my face.   In general,  for facial use I prefer the unscented.  Beekman does have a special facial soap that they say is more gentle.

Something else to consider,  depending upon the type of makeup you use,  different products will be better for removing the makeup.   Beekman also makes facial wipes.  I don't find these drying either and use them regularly at night.   Soap in the shower in the am,  facial wipes at night.

I like the Beekman soaps, body cream, hand cream, and lip balm.   I also like Perlier products.  

And I just tried the Beekman cuticle cream and hand salve.  The Beekman cuticle cream and hand salve are the best products I've found for my cracking 'winter' hands.  I can see the difference between these products and others with a single use.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been using Beekman soap for almost 3 years.  It’s expensive, has very little goats milk & is a powder form.  I now buy locally from a maker who uses fresh goat milk.  I prefer Josie’s body butter to Beekman’s.  I do love their wipes and lip balm.  The shampoo bars were the worst beauty product I’ve ever bought, the liquid may work better but wasn’t out then.

Honored Contributor

I've used it in a pinch (for just face) but I have the triple milk facial bar which is wonderful IMO.  I used to have very dry skin from being in the sun all the time -- now my skin actually is soft & glows.

I use their Triple Milk facial system- and I exofoliate everyday (gentle enough) and use their cleanser.

I got a great deal during the marathon normally $135 but picked up the 4 piece set for $55.  (Of course, its certainly overpriced but what beauty products arent!)

Contributor
I tried Beekman soaps for my dry itchy skin and wasn’t impressed. Too heavily fragranced with unnecessary ingredients. Take a look at Bend Soaps. That’s all I use now for facial and body cleansing. It has helped my skin conditions. Very happy with it;very lightly fragranced with natural oils.