Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman sells it's company !!!

@goldensrbest wrote:

Seems to me ,every time  when sold, things change, ingredients.

@goldensrbest 

True, but sometimes things change when companies aren't sold.  See further explanation in post # 66.

Super Contributor

I'll use what I have and then switch over to SKINN

Regular Contributor

@SandGirl, Just fyi - Walmart itself is not selling Beekman. It's 3rd-party sellers using the Walmart web site platform to sell their wares! Yep, go ahead and pull up any one of those items there. And see what it says next to "Sold and Shipped by.....". It does *not* say "Walmart.com". I pulled up a lot of the listing there on Walmart's web site, and it's amazing how many different 3rd party sellers names are there selling Beekman's products. Basically, they likely pay Walmart some sort of fee just to list on their web space and get a wider exposure base.

There are 3rd-party sellers on Target's web site too, did you know that as well? As well as on Amazon and several other web sites. But I'm sure you weren't expecting them at Walmart or Target, right? Me neither. Just be careful if you ever place an order from there, as they will NOT honor quality of purchases or returns when you buy from a 3rd-party seller there.. I learned that lesson the hard way and now I pay much closer attention to the "Sold and Shipped by:" line.

Trusted Contributor

@phoenixbrd  I totally agree, and things do not add up with their story. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

One article said this company is investing millions into the company to aid with its expansion. I only know when this happens, the products start getting negative reviews. I like Goat Stuff soaps so may just switch to them 100%. Happy for the guys, but yeah, products that change rarely change for the better.

I wonder if they will keep the farm. It is their home. They could keep the goats, let Farmer John stay and take care of them. Someone once suggested they turn it in to a B&B. Let people help out on the farm like some dude ranches do. I'd be sad if they gave it up and moved back to the big city.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's fascinating how home shopping channels help incubate these smaller independent beauty companies until those companies or their investors make the real big bucks by selling it to a mega international corporation.

I also don't buy Nest anymore as they discontinued carrying or making the orange scented one I liked. Sephora Canada's in store selection of fragrances has changed to favor Estée Lauder owned brands or other big international perfume houses. Their Nest selection is poor and there were no small holiday votive candle sets in Sephora either.

Respected Contributor

I love Beekman and will continue t puchase until there is a change in their products.  I gifted it, shared it and love it.

Deb

Honored Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

I love Beekman and will continue t puchase until there is a change in their products.  I gifted it, shared it and love it.

Deb

Me too @SFGIANTSGIRL - some of the Beekman products are in my daily regime

Have you tried the Body Serum? 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

Deb

Me too @SFGIANTSGIRL - some of the Beekman products are in my daily regime

Have you tried the Body Serum? 

No body serum yet but I would love to try it Smiley Happy  Not sure if I posted earlier but I love the lemon body cream.

Deb