Occasional Contributor

Re: Beekman sells it's company !!!

What do you mean if you are still buying?
Buying stocks ?
Or the products?
I wonder if they are just going to have milk maidens do all the work- while they sit back and cash in.
Respected Contributor

Glad to know this.  I will not be buying anything from the new company.  

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl Sometimes you seem very protective of the Beekman products.  Clearly they work great for you.  It's wonderful when you find products like that.  You mentioned people being "snarky" if they point out there are other companies that also make goat milk products.  I thought that was the point of the forums.  Just like different brands of makeup or skincare.  People are concerned about changes that may or may not come to the Beekman products and someone was looking for a small company to do business with.  You also mentioned that when someone posts about another company, they don't include "offers", etc, but seem to be "begging"  for business.  No one is begging, and I feel if someone is interested they will research the company on their own.  I like to have options for myself and have tried products from other peoples recommendations. I will not be commenting on any more Beekman posts as I don't wish to offend anyone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@brandiwine  - Please don't let anyone's posts stop you from participating in threads.  I appreciate learning about different products on this forum and I'm sure others would agree.  Your posts are not snarky or begging by any means.

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
Some of you need to fix a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourselves together. This was a private equity transactions. They aren’t being swallowed up by an organization that already has manufacturing and distribution systems in place that would take over those processes. This is very different than Coty buying Philosophy or L’Oréal buying IT. The organization that bought them is based in France. I read through their recent transactions and there’s nothing there to suggest heavy investment from China. It looks like Beekman wants to expand globally, probably into the European market, and a PE investor was a good choice to fund that.

This is the same company that owns Nest. I don’t think their product has changed significantly since their PE transaction closed in 2017.

@RollTide2008 

Great post ... lol. 

However, reformulations happen all the time.  Years ago I worked for an international cosmetics company, and had the great opportunity to sample product, interating directly with the R&D chemists, and later with the Marketing teams.   

Since the failure rate (or lackluster sales)  can be high with new products, every cosmetic company starts with the absolute best version of a new product.  If it becomes a hit, they quietly go back to the drawing board and try to reformulate with cheaper ingredients .... hoping no one will notice.  I thought it was great fun to critique differing formulas, often being able to tell the difference or point out what would make something even better.  

It also answers a question .... if you've ever had a favorite mascara or fragrance or whatever .... and the next time you bought it,  it didn't seem the same .... trust me,  it wasn't the same.  The company reformulated that product to make it cheaper to manufacture. 

ALL companies, even the very high end cosmetic manufacturers, do this.   It's part of trying to improve the manufacturing costs, and make those shareholders happy.   

Valued Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I wonder how the long the boys will represent the company?  Or will they ride off into the sunset and retire?  Then they will come back from retirement like Denis the Ojon guy and invent a new product? 

Will the products remain the same or be reformulated? 

Lots of unknowns, but IT has been quite successful since Jamie Kern Lima sold and retired.  

Denis from Ojon didn't "come out of retirement" to start Tweak'd- he lost Ojon in a divorce. Now Ojon is gone altogether but Denis' Tweakd is thriving. 

Valued Contributor

well poop. My husband loves their ylang ylang and tuberose bar soaps (it smells just like fresh clean soap on him, not floraly) and I love it in the body cream. Not it will probably change. Sadly, nothing every stays the same...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValentinaBon wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I wonder how the long the boys will represent the company?  Or will they ride off into the sunset and retire?  Then they will come back from retirement like Denis the Ojon guy and invent a new product? 

Will the products remain the same or be reformulated? 

Lots of unknowns, but IT has been quite successful since Jamie Kern Lima sold and retired.  

Denis from Ojon didn't "come out of retirement" to start Tweak'd- he lost Ojon in a divorce. Now Ojon is gone altogether but Denis' Tweakd is thriving. 

Those were his exact words on one of his shows  @ValentinaBon  - not mine.   Actually he has said on many of his shows that he "came out of retirement" to help his mom with her hair when she was experiencing medical issues and created Tweaked.  

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  Thank you so much for your kind words.  I enjoy hearing about different products and how they work for different people.  

Respected Contributor

When I noticed they were avail. on Walmart I sorta stopped being interested in their brand anyways.