Respected Contributor

Re: Beekman sells it's company !!!

@Pink123, dude, Panda Express sells Chinese food, but it’s an American company. Andrew Cherng is a naturalized American. Eurazeo funded $62million of the $92 million transaction with Cohesive Capital Partners, also a US based PE fund and the Cherng Family Trust splitting the other $30 million investment. Either you don’t understand PE, you’re bad at math, or your racism is showing. Maybe all three.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
@Pink123, dude, Panda Express sells Chinese food, but it’s an American company. Andrew Cherng is a naturalized American. Eurazeo funded $62million of the $92 million transaction with Cohesive Capital Partners, also a US based PE fund and the Cherng Family Trust splitting the other $30 million investment. Either you don’t understand PE, you’re bad at math, or your racism is showing. Maybe all three.

Touché...not so thinly veiled hatred on this thread on several levels. It's disappointing but not surprising especially from some posters with deep reputations here doing the same repeatedly. 

I'm a long term Beekman customer and continued as a repeat customer bc of the benefits we've realized - me, my family and friends that have been gift recipients. As well, the value and new, interesting products

The ironic thing is many of the posters that repeatedly bashed the Beekman brand and/or founders regularly post about their beauty purchases - drugstore brands, dollar store, department stores. How many of those brands are part of conglomerates, uh huh, most if not all!  Connections to China..,you betcha! Such HYPOCRISY 🤬😑 They are not reliable sources and are not to be trusted 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Regular Contributor

Wow! Well hello neighbor, lol!

Respected Contributor

@brandiwine I love Goat Milk Stuff as well! Awesome company! A hidden gem that I think has better products than Beekman.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

They will probably keep Josh and Brent, at least for a while.  They'll become mascots for the brand - if they aren't already.

I did try their soap it was okay, however I read the ingredients and goats milk is not the first ingredient actually it's not even the 2nd or third.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 - That's been explained before.  It's because the goat's milk is in dried form.  This decreases the weight or volume of the goat's milk because the water content is gone; so it's listed further down the ingredients list.

Honored Contributor

The experience I've had with companies that are bought by a large conglomerate is mixed.

The company that originally bought Mally changed almost all of her formulas. They discontinued the Face Defender I used every day for a while, then brought it back with much hype as a Mally/RuPaul collaboration. OK. I was excited. But after putting it on I noticed it went on almost like a bronzer. They have since released her original.

The company that originally bought Laura Geller changed some products; the new owners seem to be returning to the original products. In fact the new owners said it is important to target her original customers. 

Laura and Mally each made arrangements to stay as spokesperson for the brand, unlike Jamie from IT, who I think rarely appears. When IT was bought they kept Jacqui and Des. That seemed to make for a smoother transition for customers IMO. Even if they missed Jamie, customers had familiar faces to watch. And the products seemed the same, even as they brought more and more out.

I recently "discovered" Beekman and I'm sad about this news, only because I like smaller companies into which the owners pour their hearts and souls. 

I use a lot of Josie Maran's products. I hope she stays independent!   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

That is true of companies that are bought by large conglomerates. That’s not the situation here. Eurazeo is a private equity investment partner. That’s very different.
Respected Contributor

@beach-mom  You might want to look into Goats Milk Stuff.  Family business.  Have been around before Beekman and their quality is really great.  Love their products.

Honored Contributor

It's so obviously snarky when someone that lurks always shows up on a Beekman thread/discussion to post about a 'competitor' that is supposedly superior. But rarely are there discussions or notifications of these so called superior competitors and their offers. It's as if the only value they offer is posters begging others to buy it. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri