Respected Contributor

Re: Beekman sells it's company !!!

They probably needed capital for a growth opportunity. That’s generally why an organization brings in a PE partner.
Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE their body cream, and am especially fond of the Honey Orange Blossom scent. I ordered a set of two that includes an adorable tin, but it has a significant design flaw. The top does not fit correctly, so you must exert tremendous force for it to close; after which it is almost impossible to remove. I just scoured the reviews, and others have offered this same complaint. Makes me wonder...🤔 

I still LOVE the brand, but hope this is just a fluke and not a precursor.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

Another one bites the dust. It was bought for 92 million by Eurazeo. Doesn't sound like that much considering It sold for 1 billion. 

@MW in Iowa 

Uh oh .....   So NOW is the time to stock up on any favorites while the original company's stock is still available.   

When the new owners have all the products reformulated, nothing will be as good as it used to be.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder how the long the boys will represent the company?  Or will they ride off into the sunset and retire?  Then they will come back from retirement like Denis the Ojon guy and invent a new product? 

Will the products remain the same or be reformulated? 

Lots of unknowns, but IT has been quite successful since Jamie Kern Lima sold and retired.  

Respected Contributor

Some of you need to fix a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourselves together. This was a private equity transactions. They aren’t being swallowed up by an organization that already has manufacturing and distribution systems in place that would take over those processes. This is very different than Coty buying Philosophy or L’Oréal buying IT. The organization that bought them is based in France. I read through their recent transactions and there’s nothing there to suggest heavy investment from China. It looks like Beekman wants to expand globally, probably into the European market, and a PE investor was a good choice to fund that.

This is the same company that owns Nest. I don’t think their product has changed significantly since their PE transaction closed in 2017.
Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 - Gee, thanks for giving us permission to have a drink, put on some lipstick (Beekman only, I presume) and pull ourselves together.

I think some Beekman customers are concerned about what the future may bring.  That doesn't mean we're all running around saying "The sky is falling!  The sky is falling!"

I certainly understand that this is a private equity company.  However, they now have controlling interest, so decisions will be theirs as to how the company goes forward.

I'm sure Beekman does want to expand, but expansion often brings changes.  Time will tell what those changes are.

But since you're so kind as to suggest it...I'm off to have that drink now and pull myself together.  AFTER I've put on my lipstick, of course.  (Condescend much?)

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Seems to me ,every time  when sold, things change, ingredients.

@goldensrbest 

I have also noticed this happening with packaging change equals product change.

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
Some of you need to fix a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourselves together. This was a private equity transactions. They aren’t being swallowed up by an organization that already has manufacturing and distribution systems in place that would take over those processes. This is very different than Coty buying Philosophy or L’Oréal buying IT. The organization that bought them is based in France. I read through their recent transactions and there’s nothing there to suggest heavy investment from China. It looks like Beekman wants to expand globally, probably into the European market, and a PE investor was a good choice to fund that.

This is the same company that owns Nest. I don’t think their product has changed significantly since their PE transaction closed in 2017.

Well said @RollTide2008  👍

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

For your information the company Eurazeo is being funded by "Cohesive Capital Partners" and billionaires the"Cherng Family trust", a Chinese company that owns Panda Express.  That's who funded the beekman sale.  Of course.

Honored Contributor

I saw nothing on the posts from Beekman..as others stated "products will change" for sure!

I used to love these guys & product BUT stopped buying after I couldn't take the story anymore -- they were far from broke they are accomplished "actors" were on FoodNetwork for years before they "discovered goats & Farmer John".