Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman sells it's company !!!

My saying is....leave the goats alone!

Respected Contributor

Better stock up now on the products you like, because we know what happens.... Everything changes quality, and not for the better! 

Esteemed Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

Another one bites the dust. It was bought for 92 million by Eurazeo. Doesn't sound like that much considering It sold for 1 billion. 

From WWD via Yahoo:

Eurazeo Brands has acquired a controlling stake in Beekman 1802, a microbiome-focused skin care brand centered around goat milk.

Eurazeo invested $62 million in the company, alongside co-investors Cohesive Capital Partners and the Cherng Family Trust. In total, $92 million was invested.

Contributor

Don't worry, the goats were just for show.

Honored Contributor

UH OH.  Farmer John will need to find another job.

Honored Contributor

Well, I have enough of Beekman to last me a couple of years, so I'm not worried about buying any more.

It makes me wonder, if this is why they said during recent shows that they wouldn't be able to offer the bounty boxes (for the prices) that they have in the past.

Brent and Josh say in the article that they will be staying on with the company, but how long will that last?  And how much say will they have over anything, if they're not the majority investment partners?

Also, they said that it was nice that it was two women who came to talk to them.  But take a look at the company's info:  it's still mostly "middle-aged men" at the top.

I'll watch to see what happens and how the presentations change in the coming year.  I'm also concerned about the talk of "global markets".  If they go into somewhere like China that demands animal testing, I'm out.

Valued Contributor

China is where the big money is. Nothing in America anymore.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa    How did 92 million turn into 1 billion?

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Super Contributor

I believe in 2019 I said to them that they would sell their company one day. That didn't take long. Better stock up because the products will change for sure. Wonder why they didn't post this on their page. Hmm

Valued Contributor

225184B8-1D11-4A16-A854-0BF21712A419.jpeg