Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,148
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Beekman jumping on "CBD" bandwagon...

Shoekitty said,  I have bought theBeekman soaps before for gifts.  They were loved.  I haven't used them lately myself, because, well.....I have a bunker full of products I need to use up   They are wonderful people.
 I am retired, I have no one to answer to.  I haven't tried anything with cod oil.  I suffer from advance RA,  spinal issues with severe nerve damage.  I just get by.  My friends who have tried cbd, said it works.  So why not.   However, if I was to buy a cream with cbd in it, I would want it to make sure to have the correct amount in it.  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 723
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Beekman jumping on "CBD" bandwagon...

@homedecor1  I really agree with you. I don't think one company can do a great variety of things well/ They seem to have new products weekly.Also resent retiring the original soap scents. I think the new ones are different.I didn't like the first bounty box of new scents. They were more appealing before they became international with new products continually.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,753
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Beekman jumping on "CBD" bandwagon...


@Chi-town girl wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@shoekitty 

 

Well then they need to file a appeal or grievance with the employer!

 

I have no idea of this CBD craze and my RA suggested I use it.  It's big $$$$ here (and maybe all over) its on every street corner and even well known established physicians are closing their regular practices and now only doing "licensing and distribution" for it...even my spouse primary care dr told him July 1 he will no longer be treating patients.🤷‍♀️. More $$$ in CBD ...


So instead you opt for pharmaceuticals? Oy...'it's on every street corner'...

 

I think the Beekman brand is excellent. I haven't tried all of the Beekman products, and I'm not interested in everything they offer. But that's true for me as it pertains to other beauty and health care brands. I pick and choose products from a variety of brands -  learning about the products and developing my own custom regime.

 

I don't see any issues with Beekman's expansion or offering.  Some of their products are used daily by me and my family


@Chi-town girl 

 

I meant CBD shops popping up on every corner.  As for Rx I'd chose them first but as in anything one thing heals a ailment and destroys something else in your body.  

 

As for Beekman products I could open my own corner store.  I'm just noticing they are growing their brand fast and the recent purchases I've made don't seem the same.

 

For instance, the "whipped body cream" does not go on smoothly -- seems thicker and pasty.  Maybe there are more additives since it was "super sized".

 

I also noticed a distinct difference in the Triple Milk system -- could just be my skin.

 

I don't watch them anymore because it's the same old story...they really weren't paupers (they had Martha Stewart backing, food network show,cookbooks and more) as they lead one to believe.  Yes, maybe the Beekman farm purchase was a major setback but they're doing OK  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,927
Registered: ‎12-12-2017

Re: Beekman jumping on "CBD" bandwagon...

[ Edited ]

Wondering If CBD oil would help with bad knees.  I've heard of CBD gummies that can be bought at convenience stores, they say that they work.  I'll stick with my ibufrofen for now.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 520
Registered: ‎04-10-2011

Re: Beekman jumping on "CBD" bandwagon...


@lovethedesert wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@shoekitty 

 

Well then they need to file a appeal or grievance with the employer!

 

I have no idea of this CBD craze and my RA suggested I use it.  It's big $$$$ here (and maybe all over) its on every street corner and even well known established physicians are closing their regular practices and now only doing "licensing and distribution" for it...even my spouse primary care dr told him July 1 he will no longer be treating patients.🤷‍♀️. More $$$ in CBD ...


 

When I asked my pain management dr. (bad back)  he recommended a store that sold CBD.  It didn't work for me, so I tried another brand with more CBD and it still doesn't help my pain.  He did say stop using it before the urine test they gave me as it could show up.  The urine test is supposed to be random, but he said I could figure it out as it's usually done the same month each year.  I would have to go off Norco and not see the dr. again if I tested for THC.


I can't speak to the 'testing' issue but to clarify these 2 HEMP-derived items:  CBD oil/cream/extract MIGHT heal and naturally be a healthy addition to one's supplement/Rx regimen for many conditions. using it alone did nothing to relieve my chronic pain. THC is the part of the Hemp plant that is Psychoactive (altering perception, 'high') and usually is not used in all the new beauty/health products.  This would definitely show up in a test.  In my own experience I have moderate to good results with a subligual oil tincture containing 2 parts CBD and 1 part THC for Chronic Pain.  I've bought straight CBD Oil for skin use, it is soothing like Argan Oil, but I have no skin diseases (patients with skin issues find relief using topical CBD Oil).  I live in a California town that has legalized Cannabis shops so it's great to have this option for health, mind and cosmetic uses.  I'm shocked that employers are urine testing for CBD -- it's really harmless and NOT affecting one's judgment or productivity, in fact it probably helps.  But be careful with the THC use if you're going to be tested.  READ YOUR PRODUCT LABELS and first talk with your employer or HR person.  Either way, these products are far less tricky than using traditional pain meds.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 520
Registered: ‎04-10-2011

Re: Beekman jumping on "CBD" bandwagon...


@shoekitty wrote:

Shoekitty said,  I have bought theBeekman soaps before for gifts.  They were loved.  I haven't used them lately myself, because, well.....I have a bunker full of products I need to use up   They are wonderful people.
 I am retired, I have no one to answer to.  I haven't tried anything with cod oil.  I suffer from advance RA,  spinal issues with severe nerve damage.  I just get by.  My friends who have tried cbd, said it works.  So why not.   However, if I was to buy a cream with cbd in it, I would want it to make sure to have the correct amount in it.  


I highly recommend you try a product (sublingual oil drops work for me) containing both CBD and THC.  My fave is 2 parts CBD to 1 part THC in a coconut oil base.  3-4 drops under the tongue work nicely.  cbd.org.  It's legally sold in my CA town, but I believe you can buy it online also.  Affordable.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,601
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Beekman jumping on "CBD" bandwagon...


@homedecor1 wrote:

Seems like everyday a new CBD shop is popping up selling everything from oils to food to home scents...NOW Beekman is too!  

 

I was a "believer" in their skincare and bath products for many years BUT my last purchases seem different, from packaging to products.  

 

I think they're growing to fast ..that's just my opinion..I know the skincare line is definitely different -- 

 

2E52665F-181F-438E-AC8D-0A57DE3ED9E0.jpeg


I love their products but also am losing faith in them by pandering to the new "money makers" like CBD and hand sanitizers.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,601
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Beekman jumping on "CBD" bandwagon...


@BSurLife65 wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

Shoekitty said,  I have bought theBeekman soaps before for gifts.  They were loved.  I haven't used them lately myself, because, well.....I have a bunker full of products I need to use up   They are wonderful people.
 I am retired, I have no one to answer to.  I haven't tried anything with cod oil.  I suffer from advance RA,  spinal issues with severe nerve damage.  I just get by.  My friends who have tried cbd, said it works.  So why not.   However, if I was to buy a cream with cbd in it, I would want it to make sure to have the correct amount in it.  


I highly recommend you try a product (sublingual oil drops work for me) containing both CBD and THC.  My fave is 2 parts CBD to 1 part THC in a coconut oil base.  3-4 drops under the tongue work nicely.  cbd.org.  It's legally sold in my CA town, but I believe you can buy it online also.  Affordable.


If you get stopped for speeding or in a car accident will this show up in your system? Could be a problem.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,909
Registered: ‎05-18-2017

Re: Beekman jumping on "CBD" bandwagon...

I imagine one day the boys will sell their famous line to the highest bidder.