Honored Contributor

Beekman jumping on "CBD" bandwagon...

Seems like everyday a new CBD shop is popping up selling everything from oils to food to home scents...NOW Beekman is too!  

I was a "believer" in their skincare and bath products for many years BUT my last purchases seem different, from packaging to products.  

I think they're growing to fast ..that's just my opinion..I know the skincare line is definitely different -- 

2E52665F-181F-438E-AC8D-0A57DE3ED9E0.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman jumping on "CBD" bandwagon...

You can get a dirty drug test with this oil and pills.  I personally know 2 people who were suspended from work with dirty tests. They were taking pills and using th oil

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty 

Well then they need to file a appeal or grievance with the employer!

I have no idea of this CBD craze and my RA suggested I use it.  It's big $$$$ here (and maybe all over) its on every street corner and even well known established physicians are closing their regular practices and now only doing "licensing and distribution" for it...even my spouse primary care dr told him July 1 he will no longer be treating patients.🤷‍♀️. More $$$ in CBD ...

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@shoekitty 

I have no idea of this CBD craze and my RA suggested I use it.  It's big $$$$ here (and maybe all over) its on every street corner and even well known established physicians are closing their regular practices and now only doing "licensing and distribution" for it...even my spouse primary care dr told him July 1 he will no longer be treating patients.🤷‍♀️. More $$$ in CBD ...

So instead you opt for pharmaceuticals? Oy...'it's on every street corner'...

I think the Beekman brand is excellent. I haven't tried all of the Beekman products, and I'm not interested in everything they offer. But that's true for me as it pertains to other beauty and health care brands. I pick and choose products from a variety of brands -  learning about the products and developing my own custom regime.

I don't see any issues with Beekman's expansion or offering.  Some of their products are used daily by me and my family

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

I love their whipped body creams and have tried 6-7 scents and I can really smell them but I ordered 2 of the large jars of the lilac cream and there is absolutely no scent whatsoever. I was shocked. None....

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@shoekitty 

When I asked my pain management dr. (bad back)  he recommended a store that sold CBD.  It didn't work for me, so I tried another brand with more CBD and it still doesn't help my pain.  He did say stop using it before the urine test they gave me as it could show up.  The urine test is supposed to be random, but he said I could figure it out as it's usually done the same month each year.  I would have to go off Norco and not see the dr. again if I tested for THC.

Trusted Contributor

Gotta grab those $$$$ any way you can.....

Shame to hear about the fragrance not being noticeable in the cream. I purchase the unscented because, in the past, the scent was overwhelming. That's a pretty big difference. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Valued Contributor

Hey @shoekitty   

My employer sent out a notice to all staff that if we chose to use CBD products and failed an employee drug test we would still be subject to termination--even if we believed we had taken something that did not have THC in it. 

We had to respond that we had read it and understood the consequences. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@SunSprite wrote:

Hey @shoekitty   

My employer sent out a notice to all staff that if we chose to use CBD products and failed an employee drug test we would still be subject to termination--even if we believed we had taken something that did not have THC in it. 

We had to respond that we had read it and understood the consequences. 

shoekitty said, thank yu for letting me know that. The people I know were not warned about it.  But this happened last dec and this january.  They got suspended.   People should know tis, employers do not always tell you this, because they are not always up to the latest.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1   It didn't work.  Cbd oil doesn't register as a separate drug  it is classified in the "drugs".  My friends were suspended ,they are well needed and liked .  They did not want to do suspend them...and went to higher ups.  Nope  they were suspended.  One is in the film industry.  They are strict.  Imo  there needs to be another classification for this drug,   But as I said, I was told they can't distinguish CBC oil and products from the rest.  Hey if they can put a man on the moon, invent personal computers...why can't they do this.