Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman items finally online

@Krimpette wrote:

@Nightowlz  The Beekman lower prices are currently showing on HSN.  Not sure if they have any shows scheduled.

@Krimpette 

They just had a TS Bounty Kit. I'm sure those prices will change soon. They were higher before their shows.

Honored Contributor

Affiliated companies cross selling items or brands is common. It's about market share and sales $. There are Q customers that don't shop H and vice versa.

No surprise to see this happening, just smart business. Doesn't bother me at all since I don't watch either channel 24/7 and I look for competitive pricing/ offers.

And regarding prices, Q and H usually offer event pricing during new launches and shows. Maybe there will be a special Berkman deal or kit for Q launch. If not, easy pass for me

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

All these channels do the same thing. Show the individual prices and then put up the kits with the deals.  No fear ladies give it a little time.

@Sunnycorle  - The regular price of a pack of facial wipes on HSN is $7.00 (free S&H).  The QVC price is $14.00 (plus S&H).

The price of a single lip balm on HSN is $8.00 (free S&H).  The QVC price is $16.00 (plus S&H).

So the individual prices are already inflated.

Regular Contributor

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw rhe QVC prices.  It just doesn't make any sense.  Who would ever buy Beekman from QVC when the products are drastically cheaper elsewhere?

Respected Contributor

Same with the 8 oz. bars of soap.  QVC is selling 1 bar for $15.  HSN sells 4 for $39.95.  Maybe there will be some good deals the first day of on-air presentations.  So far, I'm disappointed in QVC's pricing.

Frequent Contributor

Beekman should have never left Evine!!!!

Respected Contributor

The regular soap price is $15 and the body cream $38 but I would never pay those prices. I’m sure they will be reduced for the show but it does seem odd that they doubled the price of the wipes and lip balms. The prices on HSN have been a little better than they were on Evine because of the free shipping but the move to QVC doesn’t bode well for us in my opinion.

Respected Contributor

IMO it is sad because there are many people (like my mom) who are long-term QVC shoppers and don't get out much or use the internet.  They like the convenience and don't know that they are paying more than they should.

Honored Contributor

Linmo makes a great point: for those who ONLY shop at QVC, they have no idea they're paying so much more for the same item that you can buy cheaper elsewhere. QVC KNOWS this and is COUNTING on this as well as the vendor (NOT a snub against Beekman- ANY vendor wants to make the most money they can). 

Business 101.

Honored Contributor

Years ago more than one vendor made it clear that they have no control over the prices that QVC sets.  And it's even been mentioned recently; so I think the onus is on QVC to keep the prices reasonable and competitive.

Remember:  Quality - VALUE - Convenience