New Contributor
Hello! I have been a Q customer on and off for 30 or so years. Never posted, but have read recommendations on here from time to time, and really appreciate them. I have never used Beekman, but am looking for a milder hand soap to combat an eczema flair on my fingers. Dr. Recommended goats milk soap. Has anyone had any experience with it for this reason? I’m open to other recommendations as well! Thank you in advance!!!
Respected Contributor

I was just looking at another site for goats milk soap. It's called Goats Milk Stuff.  Will probably place an order with them. 

Honored Contributor

@BD Welcome to the boards!

I can't say if Beekman is good for eczema or not but I really wasn't impressed with this line as much as I thought I would be.   

Their goats are very cute though and I like to watch their presentations occasionally.

Trusted Contributor

I think any mild soap would do. I've used Beekman and it certainly doesn't make my eczema on my hands worse but it was a gift and I probably wouldn't spend that much on soap normally.

I have to say, I think one of the important things I did was figuring out that warm water was making my hands worse. If I even think I'm heading into a flare up I make sure to rinse my hands in cold water after washing them or doing dishes. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I have eczema and found the unscented bar soap didn't cause flare-ups.

Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman for eczema?

[ Edited ]

I have not heard, from any of the shows that Beekman is ok for skin conditions but, the First Aid line does say it is good for eczema, in fact one of the founders/inventors said she made it for her grand baby who had skin issues----usually they pretty much make sure you know it is ok during the presentations --prob mostly to sell the products---

Trusted Contributor

@BD wrote:
Hello! I have been a Q customer on and off for 30 or so years. Never posted, but have read recommendations on here from time to time, and really appreciate them. I have never used Beekman, but am looking for a milder hand soap to combat an eczema flair on my fingers. Dr. Recommended goats milk soap. Has anyone had any experience with it for this reason? I’m open to other recommendations as well! Thank you in advance!!!

Their Pure line is unscented and is what I would recommend if you want to give their products a try.

I also have eczema on my hands, too.

Where we have eczema, we're supposed to use unscented products. I like their Pure goat's milk hand lotion to use on my hands. 

I also like to use Cetaphil cleanser. It's also unscented. I use the gentle cleanser for all skin types. It's the milky cleanser. 

They also make another cleanser for normal to oily skin that looks like baby shampoo and that is mildly scented and is a facial cleanser.

The milky cleanser can be used not just on your face, but all over your body, too.

I find that when my skin is particularly irritated, it's nice to use. I also find that it's moisturizing enough for me that when I use it, I don't need an additional moisturizer. It's made to either be rinsed off with water, or tissued off without the use of water.