Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman bounty box summer AD-finally shipped!

The shipment I moved up finally went out.  It's supposed to be here Saturday so I'll probably be trying it on Sunday.  Will post my review then.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

The shipment I moved up finally went out.  It's supposed to be here Saturday so I'll probably be trying it on Sunday.  Will post my review then.

My order also shipped today.  I'm on the west coast, so I probably won't get it for at least a week.  I'll let you all know what I think when I receive it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

Okay so this is the first time I've tried a body wash from the Beekman's and I am not really impressed. Even though I like body washes that do NOT lather or lather very little and that is basically all I use these days, this body wash doesn't lather but I also don't like it to much. I feel like I need to use alot in order to spread it around whereas my other body washes I just need a small amount and can use it all over. I also still smell some kind of chemicallly undertone to it- can't quite place my finger on what it is but it kind of interferes with the honeysuckle scent. I will be using the body wash as a hand wash instead. I think it will be pefect for that.

The body lotion smells sooooo good, imo! I love it. I would love for them to make a body butter in this scent as I prefer a thicker, more moisturizing body lotion than this offers but I will definitely use it and I do enjoy it. The scent  reminds me alot of Korres Jasmine body butter scent, which was always one of my favorites. I think the Beekman's is lighter in scent though, meaning I don't think someone would be able to smell it on you if they are a few feet away like the Korres seemed to be on me. I will know more once I see my hubby- he usually says something if he likes the way I smell.  Smiley Happy

Anyway, that is my review of the body lotion and Body wash in the Honeysuckle & Moss scent. Still undecided if I will skip my other AD shipment of this or not.

HD....   thanks SO MUCH for all your great info. I love the Korres Jasmine scent, and their Fig scent as well.  I too prefer something that is a little thicker, which is not to say thick, but I'm not a fan of very thin lotions.  I have a very sentitive nose and will pick up the "chemical" undertone immediately.  I'm THINKING of skipping this next shipment, even though I do love honeysuckle.  I still have time to make that decision, but from everything you're saying, and with my enormous inventory at home already,  I may just give this one a pass.

Respected Contributor

I received my AD honeysuckle box and I like this scent a lot. I still have the aloe/iris and will use this once that is used up. 

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

Evine actually has the summer bounty box available on their website right now as a single purchase.  The item # is 311-475 and the preferred price is $63.74 + $6.99 shipping.   The scent is called honeysuckle & moss.  My AD is scheduled for 6/17. 

I had a feeling they'd do that even though the host said without a doubt during the shows that you will NOT be able to get the other boxes as a stand alone -they'd only be available through the AD program. They stresed that on numerous occasions. I really dislike when they flat out lie like that. I am glad I did the AD though-much cheaper and there is no guarantee the other seasons will be available as stand alones.

@HappyDaze

Yep that sucks!. The only advantage, I see, is that we're not paying the full s/h on subsequent deliveries...

According to my account mine ships 6/23

Honored Contributor

@muttmom

They're good about reinstating auto deliveries. I had to do that with the Borghese mud/saponetta when the bank sent me a new debit card!

It has since been cancelled again but I still have so many that I decided against renewing.

Respected Contributor

As of 2 days ago I thought my order had not shipped.  Today I received it!  

I did not open any products because I never know which ones I'll use as gifts.  I have a bar soap, and a liquid soap and lotion caddy already in use from a previous gift box so did not want to tear into anything.  My initial reaction is I like the scent.  It does smell like honeysuckle.  The wrappings are not as pretty as the iris soap bars.

I'm a happy camper.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Okay so this is the first time I've tried a body wash from the Beekman's and I am not really impressed. Even though I like body washes that do NOT lather or lather very little and that is basically all I use these days, this body wash doesn't lather but I also don't like it to much. I feel like I need to use alot in order to spread it around whereas my other body washes I just need a small amount and can use it all over. I also still smell some kind of chemicallly undertone to it- can't quite place my finger on what it is but it kind of interferes with the honeysuckle scent. I will be using the body wash as a hand wash instead. I think it will be pefect for that.

The body lotion smells sooooo good, imo! I love it. I would love for them to make a body butter in this scent as I prefer a thicker, more moisturizing body lotion than this offers but I will definitely use it and I do enjoy it. The scent  reminds me alot of Korres Jasmine body butter scent, which was always one of my favorites. I think the Beekman's is lighter in scent though, meaning I don't think someone would be able to smell it on you if they are a few feet away like the Korres seemed to be on me. I will know more once I see my hubby- he usually says something if he likes the way I smell.  Smiley Happy

Anyway, that is my review of the body lotion and Body wash in the Honeysuckle & Moss scent. Still undecided if I will skip my other AD shipment of this or not.

HD....   thanks SO MUCH for all your great info. I love the Korres Jasmine scent, and their Fig scent as well.  I too prefer something that is a little thicker, which is not to say thick, but I'm not a fan of very thin lotions.  I have a very sentitive nose and will pick up the "chemical" undertone immediately.  I'm THINKING of skipping this next shipment, even though I do love honeysuckle.  I still have time to make that decision, but from everything you're saying, and with my enormous inventory at home already,  I may just give this one a pass.

@nyc1 you are welcome! That is just my opinion and others may disagree. I dont' know, I am pretty picky when it comes to scents so probably a bit more particular (i.e. picky, lol) than others. I am passing on the second AD set I have. Maybe I built up the scent too much and it could never have lived up to my expectation, lol! Let me know what you think if you decide to get it!

Honored Contributor

Mine arrived a few days ago.  I have not opened anything but my initial thought is the scent is  nice.

I have a lot of Beekman bar soaps (and some other products) in my stash.  I use them as well as gift them.  They are always well received.

I use their hand washes in our bathrooms.  I think I should put a sign on them stating to use the pump gently.  Whenever my husband uses them, the soap shoots across the counter.

Honored Contributor

My kit arrived yesterday and I opened right away, just so I could get a whiff and try out a little of the lotion on the back of my hand.  OMG, it's another winner in my book!  I stood there sniffing the soap through the wrapper for awhile.  Then I sat and sniffed the back of my hand off and on for about 30 minutes.  I have a Beekman hoard already, but I will likely keep my second shipment as scheduled anyway.  Once my A/D's are complete, I will back off and live off inventory for probably a couple of years!  LOL  My cheapskate sister likes it when I visit because I always bring her something from the stash.