Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman bounty box summer AD-finally shipped!

@HappyDaze Let me know what you think about the scent when you receive it. I just saw it was available to order on Evine's site. They must not have had enough set up on AD & decided to offer it. I figured they would do this. Nobody will believe them now when they say it's the only way you get it is to put it on AD.

I wish they would put the new shampoo & conditioner set they had last show back on Evine's site so people can post their reviews so I can read them.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@HappyDaze Let me know what you think about the scent when you receive it. I just saw it was available to order on Evine's site. They must not have had enough set up on AD & decided to offer it. I figured they would do this. Nobody will believe them now when they say it's the only way you get it is to put it on AD.

I wish they would put the new shampoo & conditioner set they had last show back on Evine's site so people can post their reviews so I can read them.

@Nightowlz Yep, lost a little credibility by saying one thing emphatically and then doing exactly what you said you wouldn't do! I kind of figured that would happen but I am still glad I ordered two  on AD as it still is cheaper going that route rather than ordering now.

I missed the shampoo and conditioner show. Actually, I don't think I saw any of the shows last time they were on as I think it was during my surgery time. I thought Evine was leaving up the products now even if they are sold out. It would be nice to read reviews of stuff like that!

I am so excited to get the kit on Monday!! I really hope I didn't build this up too much and then will be disappointed, lol! Somehow I don't think so- I think it will be amazing!

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch are you back home yet? When do you get your set?

Honored Contributor

@muttmom I am glad it got resolved! yay!!

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Yes, @HappyDaze, I'm back home.  I got sidetracked prior to leaving and forget to reschedule one shipment to an acceptable date.  It went to "in process" on the 9th, and there it's sitting.  Hopefully it'll ship soon.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Yes, @HappyDaze, I'm back home.  I got sidetracked prior to leaving and forget to reschedule one shipment to an acceptable date.  It went to "in process" on the 9th, and there it's sitting.  Hopefully it'll ship soon.

@JeanLouiseFinch@HappyDazeMine has also been in process since the 9th.  As you said JLF, hopefully they will ship soon.

Frequent Contributor

I just love the Beekman scents and soap etc.  I too hope the new lip balms don't have menthol.  I just don't like menthol in any form.

Honored Contributor

@mackie wrote:

I just love the Beekman scents and soap etc.  I too hope the new lip balms don't have menthol.  I just don't like menthol in any form.

@mackie unfortunately the balm in this new kit does contain menthol but the good news is that none of the other products contain any menthol or menthol-derived ingredients that I can see.

Respected Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

Coincidentally I checked my status this morning and saw ERROR.  I called CS and was told I could not use PayPal on auto-delivery.  I was like, huh?  Couldn't you have called me and told me there was a problem? I asked for a supervisor, she told me my auto-delivery was cancelled.  I was not happy and made my feelings known.

UPDATE

I received an email today thanking me for my latest order and my item was being prepared for shipping.

***    I'm going to check mine as well, since I used PP too.  Would that be RIDICULOUS if they took the order and then didn't honor it because it's PP. 

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz @JeanLouiseFinch and anyone else who might be interested in my initial impressions about the Summer AD.

Okay just got home and my box was waiting for me and I was so excited. I will just give you my impressions of scent as the only thing I've actually tried is the hand cream.

The bar soaps smell really nice-definitely honeysuckle. My hubby smelled it and was a bit hesitant. He loves honeysuckles, the flowers/plant, but he thought the bar soap MAY be a bit too much but I reminded him that the scent never really lasts on your skin and he did agree with that. But he worries it may still be a bit too "sickly sweet" in the shower and that it would get old quickly but he is going to try it out before he decides if that is the case.

My first impressions of the scent of the body wash is that it smells a bit odd- different than the other items. It has more of a chemically type smell, less honeysuckle. If I don't like it for a body wash I will just use it up as a hand wash. I hope it actually smells better in the shower.

Body lotion and hand lotion smell nice and more similar to the bar soap.

What I will say is that this scent is pretty darn floral scented. If you aren't a big floral person you may not like this. I also feel like it is a bit powdery or something? Can't quite put my finger on it exactly.

Anyway, initial impressions overall is that I like the scent but it isn't as good as I was hoping for but that may change when I actually use the products, lol.

I will give the items a try tomorrow and see how it works out. So far, I am thinking of skipping my other set of this one if we can but not 100% on that yet.

Can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks!