Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman Unscented bad smell?

@StillRachB  - I've bought a variety of the unscented products. There is no scent at all. I like the unscented body cream to mix with essential oils.

The only exception is several yrs aho when they launched the wipes (at shop/evine), the order I rec'd of the unscented wipes smelled bad, like spoiled milk! A number of us chatted about it here. Some orders were fine, others had the same problem. I returned my order as defective for a full refund.  

You might have rec'd a bad batch. H is good about sending replacement or you can return as defective

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

You do realize that the companies that make the fragrances also make a fragrance called unfragranced.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

I just bought 3 of the small unscented bars at their website when they had a free shipping day. I love the Pure soap. I tried Goat Milk Stuff but did not like it as much. I felt it was less moisturizing.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Trusted Contributor

@StillRachB wrote:
I got the HSN TS Bounty box. My first Beekman purchase. I’ve used the wish wash and the unscented body cream. The cream has an absolutely awful chemical smell. Like seriously, chemical that lingers on me all day and makes me feel like my body is coated in chemicals. Also, the wish wash also has a very chemical smell to me. Does anybody else feel this way? I tried the vanilla absolue and honey orange blossom hand creams and they smell wonderful, but I’m wondering if those scents are just masking the same awful chemical smell as the unscented. I’m on the fence about getting the qvc TSV in assorted so I can try to vanilla absolue body cream. Can others please share their thoughts about the unscented products and if you also experience a chemical smell (it’s not goat milky, it’s chemical!)

Sorry that has happened. I've been buying Beekman since they started on ShopHQ.  I haven't come across that. All the pure items have been fragrance free. 

Honored Contributor

I asked a question about a scent to the unscented too in another thread awhile back because I had read on another board that the unscented had a terrible smell.  

I ended up buying the vanilla absolue and I will say, it has a very strong vanilla scent. I was expecting it to be light, like Josie's vanilla is.