Super Contributor

Beekman Unscented bad smell?

I got the HSN TS Bounty box. My first Beekman purchase. I’ve used the wish wash and the unscented body cream. The cream has an absolutely awful chemical smell. Like seriously, chemical that lingers on me all day and makes me feel like my body is coated in chemicals. Also, the wish wash also has a very chemical smell to me. Does anybody else feel this way? I tried the vanilla absolue and honey orange blossom hand creams and they smell wonderful, but I’m wondering if those scents are just masking the same awful chemical smell as the unscented. I’m on the fence about getting the qvc TSV in assorted so I can try to vanilla absolue body cream. Can others please share their thoughts about the unscented products and if you also experience a chemical smell (it’s not goat milky, it’s chemical!)
Respected Contributor

Re: Beekman Unscented bad smell?

[ Edited ]

@StillRachB wrote:
I got the HSN TS Bounty box. My first Beekman purchase. I’ve used the wish wash and the unscented body cream. The cream has an absolutely awful chemical smell. Like seriously, chemical that lingers on me all day and makes me feel like my body is coated in chemicals. Also, the wish wash also has a very chemical smell to me. Does anybody else feel this way? I tried the vanilla absolue and honey orange blossom hand creams and they smell wonderful, but I’m wondering if those scents are just masking the same awful chemical smell as the unscented. I’m on the fence about getting the qvc TSV in assorted so I can try to vanilla absolue body cream. Can others please share their thoughts about the unscented products and if you also experience a chemical smell (it’s not goat milky, it’s chemical!)

I have a one year old unscented body cream and it doesn't smell like a chemical, but I have the scented ones and they don't smell like the scent they are suppose to be. 

Valued Contributor

I'm so glad I've never bought any of their products. Just not a fan of their "story'. I hope you get an answer to your question. If it was me, I'd be sending it back as defective. I definitely wouldn't put something on my skin that smelled like chemicals, so I think that is your only option at this point. Best wishes in whatever you decide to do! 

~ Hope in TN ~
Trusted Contributor

@StillRachB Try "Goat Milk Stuff".  I love the black raspberry.  It is a family business. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've alwAys found their unscented to be truly unscented. I absolutely love their products. I found them to be so much better than Josie marin, for example.

Regular Contributor

My Pure Beekman unscented products do not have a chemical smell at all. I am very sensitive to artificial fragrances, and can get headaches, sneezing, rashes, etc.

I have no problem with the Pure line and also the scented Beekman products I have tried.

I was very surprised that I do fine with the scented ones. I believe they use a blend of cosmetic grade fragrance oils and pure essential oils to create the fragrances. They work for me and I love being able to use scented products again.

I can not use the fragranced products from Bath and Body company, but love and enjoy Beekman's.  So, there must be something to the quality of the frangrances used. 

Respected Contributor

it's like castille soap - it's a horrid odor - purchased their stuff once and LIVED to regret it.

We sent it back - it was ho ho horrible!

Honored Contributor

Mine are fine. Really like their products. Would purchase them again.

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone! I’m thinking maybe my unscented products are a bad batch. I do enjoy the scented products I have so I think I’ll return the HSN bounty box and order the assorted TSV option from qvc.
Frequent Contributor

I totally agree with original poster about the unscented smelling like stinky chemicals.  My order was from a while back and contained several creams and soaps.  All of the fragrances were lovely except for the unscented cream.  I did not return because my purchase was still a great bargain even minus the unscented cream.  I did put the unscented on my feet one night before going to bed and the smell dissipated relatively quickly.  After my particular experience, it always makes me wonder why anyone would buy the stinky unscented.  Glad to know I'm not the only one!