Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman TSV Review and I'm Annoyed

All natural products contain chemicals, because natural ingredients are made up of chemicals. Water is a chemical. No such thing as a natural soap or lotion without chemicals.

Chemicals are not bad.

@Quse, keep researching. It's easy to get alarmed when you start researching a product or ingredient. But keep going and use reputable sources. There is a lot to learn about skincare. Just don't stop at the surface-level blogs and pinterest infographics created by people who just want attention and don't know what they are talking about.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

I'll add my "2 cents" to this.

I have some skin issues, dryness, eczema and of course aging skin. I used the soap last night, followed by the body cream.

My skin looks and feels so much better. The cream absorbed in and was not greasy at all. I am most impressed by how well my hands are today. Usually they are red, and very itchy. Today they are not. That alone is worth it to me.

I haven't tried the scented soap yet, but I like the fragrances.

I selected auto-delivery and I am glad I did.

What works for one, won't for another.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry for your experience.

There are certain vendors that never entice me. B is one of them.

Honored Contributor

They stand up there and swear on bibles that they never use any mineral oil and petroleum, but their hand lotions contain C13-14 Isoparaffin, a fancy term for mineral oil. 

They sold all natural home cleaning products on Evine, they contain DMDM Hydantoin, a form of formaldehyde.

I never trusted them from day one. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

They stand up there and swear on bibles that they never use any mineral oil and petroleum, but their hand lotions contain C13-14 Isoparaffin, a fancy term for mineral oil. 

That's dishonest of them. Not cool.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Thank you for all the info.  I fell for this once and when I read the ingredients on the soap and saw how far down the line goat's milk is back it went.  I'll stick with the brand I love that uses raw goat's milk as the #1 ingredient, not powdered milk.  People who educate themselves are no friends of the Beekman products.

Valued Contributor

@brandiwine 

What brand of goat milk soaps and lotion do you use?

Valued Contributor

@pugvette74 wrote:

You are really opposed to the Beekman goat milk soap. I get it! You are making claims that you can not prove.. in between your research info.. "You don't think the "Boys" know what's in the soaps, they have other people make it" How do you know they don't know what's in the soaps. Stating your soapmaker making claims, but no proof that she said that.

Just makes it hard to believe what you are saying is true. Happy that they are on QVC and thousands of people are loving the soaps. You are such an expert answering and correcting peoples answers. Writing 2 reviews, one on the product page and one on the Q Board.. Just feel it's a little overkill.

It is only your opinion, this is my opinion. 

Have a Great Day!

Ok, well, not sure  I can post a link, but here ya go:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18830865

Not opinion. Just research from US National Library of Medicine/National Insitutes of Health. Decide for yourself.

Honored Contributor

I caved and ordered this TSV, then couldn't cancel after I came to my senses---- so just got this item yesterday---have to say--the vanilla soap smells like vanilla to me and I liked the body cream---the other soaps smell nice too. Not sure if it is worth sending back or not--will try the soap first.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I caved and ordered this TSV, then couldn't cancel after I came to my senses---- so just got this item yesterday---have to say--the vanilla soap smells like vanilla to me and I liked the body cream---the other soaps smell nice too. Not sure if it is worth sending back or not--will try the soap first.

As long as you have it already and like the scents, try the soap...might as well. You might like them as much as other people.