Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman TSV Review and I'm Annoyed

They  are nothing  but business men and salesmen.  Their products are going way of  cutting corners  and pumping out more and more skews  to make better profits.  I am sure that they want someone to pick up the line for a few billion dollars so they can retire like the It cosmetics lady has.  Then the line will really go down hill.

Valued Contributor

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Quse  You wrote your review on the product page. Drugstore Soap in you review title? Two reviews? There are reviews that say they made their own goat milk soap and love the Beekman goat milk soaps better then their own. Reviewers said they love the smell of the soaps. There are A LOT that love the Beekman goat milk soap and the cream. Maybe you needed to exfoliate to have it absorb into your skin.

As you stated in your review you are sending it back. Just with all products on QVC, not happy, return it. 

I love the soaps and the cream, (absorbed right into my skin) and I LOVED seeing the goats!!!

Yes, 2 reviews, because the reviews on the products themselves tend to do a disappearing act, and just by the questions asked underneath the products, I felt drawn to post more info, as there were many people asking about animal testing, "natural" , fragrances,etc..
I also have answered some of the questions underneath the products because people answer them incorrectly and according to their own feelings, not based on what the products contain.
I buy soaps and lotions from a local soapmaker and showed the products to her.  She's actually the one who pointed out what the pentasodium pentatate is, and  then I did further research. I've learned a lot from her. She is one soapmaker that does not like Beekman better than her own...and I agree. I like her soaps much better. Some of her products have fragrances in them too, so I'm not 100% against fragrance (as long as it's disclosed)...but her fragrances smell much more realistic to me. (scent is a completely subjective thing, so buy what you like, really)
Truthfully, I don't even think the "boys" know what's in the soaps, they have other people make them. They are just the sales and marketing people. I know there are a lot of people who like Beekman and swear by it. I'm glad it works for them.

Trusted Contributor

@QuseGood job on all the research. I purchased their hand cream a couple of years ago and neither my husband nor I cared for it. Nothing special, but I can't remember too much else about it.

It's a shame that QVC and Beekman can't read your review and see that some customers actually do research on their products, and the findings ain't all that pretty as the packaging. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@QuseGood job on all the research. I purchased their hand cream a couple of years ago and neither my husband nor I cared for it. Nothing special, but I can't remember too much else about it.

It's a shame that QVC and Beekman can't read your review and see that some customers actually do research on their products, and the findings ain't all that pretty as the packaging. 

The thing is, if they took out a few of the components, they actually would have a natural soap.  No, it probably wouldn't lather as well, but it would be a decent product. I still wouldn't like the fragrances, but that's just a personal opinion. Others do like them.
QVC sells tons of products with chemicals in them (and I actually use some of the chemical concoctions) but I know that already. Most "anti-aging" stuff is chemicals (also cosmetics)...and are mostly misrepresented and over-hyped, but, for some reason, I already take that into consideration. It's more of a pet peeve when something is sold as "natural" and it isn't...
I have the same issue with stuff sold at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods...

Respected Contributor

I almost bought their facial cleansing wipes but changed my mind.  For some reason I can't get passed the fact that their products are made with goat milk. 

Respected Contributor

Guess I'll follow my drs orders from Mayo clinic..not to use this. I will say, I liked the bar soap, and body cream, but only in ylang. So I guess the fragrance won me. I didn't like the hand salve, hand cream, and face products nothing special at all. Shampoo conditioner,
just ok too. I liked the lip balm, but O'Keefe's is way better. Glad I read this, cause I was thinking to cheat a little with the body cream. I'll stay with Vanicream..and Vanicream bar soap...I can always add an essential oil in my favorite scent if I choose...but probably keep it as is, and spritz my perfume on me. My skin is hyper sensitive.
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to hear all this. Sounds like another small vendor expanding and the quality of their products going downhill. I never bought a lot of their stuff but enjoyed watching them. I guess you can't really trust anyone selling on the air. The next step: they'll sell the company.

Contributor

Also, thanks for your review!! I used Beekman when they were on Evine but did not care for products so haven't ordered since then.
Valued Contributor

@Quse wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Quse  You wrote your review on the product page. Drugstore Soap in you review title? Two reviews? There are reviews that say they made their own goat milk soap and love the Beekman goat milk soaps better then their own. Reviewers said they love the smell of the soaps. There are A LOT that love the Beekman goat milk soap and the cream. Maybe you needed to exfoliate to have it absorb into your skin.

As you stated in your review you are sending it back. Just with all products on QVC, not happy, return it. 

I love the soaps and the cream, (absorbed right into my skin) and I LOVED seeing the goats!!!

Yes, 2 reviews, because the reviews on the products themselves tend to do a disappearing act, and just by the questions asked underneath the products, I felt drawn to post more info, as there were many people asking about animal testing, "natural" , fragrances,etc..
I also have answered some of the questions underneath the products because people answer them incorrectly and according to their own feelings, not based on what the products contain.
I buy soaps and lotions from a local soapmaker and showed the products to her.  She's actually the one who pointed out what the pentasodium pentatate is, and  then I did further research. I've learned a lot from her. She is one soapmaker that does not like Beekman better than her own...and I agree. I like her soaps much better. Some of her products have fragrances in them too, so I'm not 100% against fragrance (as long as it's disclosed)...but her fragrances smell much more realistic to me. (scent is a completely subjective thing, so buy what you like, really)
Truthfully, I don't even think the "boys" know what's in the soaps, they have other people make them. They are just the sales and marketing people. I know there are a lot of people who like Beekman and swear by it. I'm glad it works for them.

You are really opposed to the Beekman goat milk soap. I get it! You are making claims that you can not prove.. in between your research info.. "You don't think the "Boys" know what's in the soaps, they have other people make it" How do you know they don't know what's in the soaps. Stating your soapmaker making claims, but no proof that she said that.

Just makes it hard to believe what you are saying is true. Happy that they are on QVC and thousands of people are loving the soaps. You are such an expert answering and correcting peoples answers. Writing 2 reviews, one on the product page and one on the Q Board.. Just feel it's a little overkill.

It is only your opinion, this is my opinion. 

Have a Great Day!

Honored Contributor

You can't please everyone, i think you will find more people like than do not like,lots of options out there to try.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.