Regular Contributor

I like just about all Beekman products & the soap TSV is lovely.  BUT....how much soap can one use?  I have bars stacked up!  How about a mini soap,assortment?  The jumbo bars are HUGE! 'Even the palm size are quite large.  Families are smaller,today & it would be usedul to have smaller sizes to accommodate them.  Can we get some smaller sizes for the smaller,families?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beekman Soap Sizes

[ Edited ]

It's just me and I ordered the large-size bars. I'm sure it could be split in half at some point - half in my shower and the other half on my bathroom sink. I'm giving a few bars to friends.- I know they'll enjoy using a soap that's good for the skin. 

Esteemed Contributor

I can't remember her name, her last name is wagoner. (sp) She use to be a host on Evine, but they call her the Chief Milk Maiden or something like that. She gave a good tip, about sticking the bar of soap in the microwave for 5 seconds, and then you will be able to cut it in half if needed for a more manageable size. 

Honored Contributor

I ordered the TSV and the set of 3 face soaps.  Just saw the set of 3 lip items.  I checked and the cost is less at HSN and had free shipping.  Anyone know if they are the same?  Also, would items from HSN be old?    My first time ordering Beekman.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

It is the same items, I usually order from hsn b/c of the free shipping but they raised the price of the duo whipped cream so its less on qvc but you have to pay for shipping. 

Respected Contributor

There is usually a set of the smaller soaps sold in late spring or early summer. I’m holding out for those. Although the large soaps can be cut I’ve just gotten lazy. 

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I ordered the TSV and the set of 3 face soaps.  Just saw the set of 3 lip items.  I checked and the cost is less at HSN and had free shipping.  Anyone know if they are the same?  Also, would items from HSN be old?    My first time ordering Beekman.  Thanks.

————————————

Yes the items on HSN are the same and they shouldn’t be old. They almost always have better deals, free shipping and you can use their coupons. 

Super Contributor
Allison Waggoner left ShopHQ when it was Evine she announced it on FB awhile ago. So now she is working with the Beekman guys.
Valued Contributor

the palm size is the smallest size that they make for retail. i think they did that size for smaller families and for people that can't hold the normal size.

i will say that one reason they probably won't go smaller then the palm size is because they will need to print another size of wrapping paper and maybe create another mold. and since they don't like to waste things, selling the smaller size would mean that many people would have to keep ordering at a much faster rate, thus wasting paper, shipping boxes, etc etc.

it's just me and i buy the 4 pack of the 9 oz size from hsn as i need it, in 2 flavors. i don't buy the tsv's like the one yesterday because i don't have the need or desire to try a variety of flavors. as long as i see 2 or 3 new bars in my stash, i'm good.

i don't have the time, energy or patience to contend with such. and you can use the soap after 2 years. they said that the scent just starts to diminish at that time. i've had a few bars longer then 2 years and they were fine.

i don't think that you should be concerned about having a stack of bars. many would tell you that, that is a good problem to have. <smile> you can always give some away as gifts (like to your mail carrier) or donate some to a woman's homeless shelter.

perhaps the solution is to not buy any more any time soon, until at least 3/4 of what you have now, is gone or given away.

i don't think they are going out of business any time soon, so you will always be able to get their soap. they do a multi scent tsv of bar soap on hsn every year also. between the 2 sites, that should keep you well stocked with a variety of flavors.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I would not want to hold that big bar of soap.  You can't use it at your bathroom sink because it's too big.  I use Zum goat milk bar soap.

kindness is strength