Respected Contributor

Re: Beekman Soap S&H is HIDEOUS!

@spot555 I would have passed on the purchase!  I tuned in to Evine too late for the great buy of ... I think 8 bars for $60????  I might have sprung for that, but there is no way I would pay $15 PLUS that kind of S/H for 1  bar!  I'll wait until Evine has anothrer special, and then try it.

Respected Contributor

@Rondafan  I don't know if the carriers would charge that much more... but I really have no knowledge on the subject.   I have to believe that If they are doing enough business, they'll get shipping breaks, or work out an arrangment for the PO to get packages to another carrier.  No matter how you look at it, that is way to much money for shipping two bars of soap.

Respected Contributor

@segrl21  ... I have to wonder if the problem is with Beekman???? My Isomers orders always get to me quickly.

Honored Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

After reading all the rave reviews, I decided to try 2 of the original/basic goat milk soap. Each bar was $15.00, & the shipping was $12.52....WHY???? They could have sent it in a Priority Mail Small Flat rate box for half that price.

I have really sensitive skin that doesn't respond well to the vast majority of products. That's the main reason I tried this (& I do love it!) But I really resent being taken advantage of on the shipping cost. Shame on them- & EVINE is equally as bad.

Is there any way to get around this? I probably need to stick with the original soap, simply because of the ingredient list.

Are you referring to s/h from their own website or Evine? When they are Evine they often have reduced shipping and handling. I know the 4 bars just recently during their last show was that you'd get an additional $3 off each set AND reduced shipping which was a much better deal.

Now if you are referring to their own website, their s/h is OUTRAGEOUS and, imo, totally unacceptable. I did make a holiday purchase and bit the bullet on the ridicuous s/h because what I bought was not available on Evine or anywhere else and happy I did because everyone love the items I bought (mainly food but also the bug repellent duo) but I will only do this once a year (holiday) for gifts.

Super Contributor

Haha I agree! I got charged $4.99 for one bar of soap and they tossed it in with the TSV!

I sent it back as the Violet stinky...And it cost me only $3 to send it back. That Aloe and Iris was wonderful! The lotion is the best!

Respected Contributor

I only buy when they're on and there are promotions and shipping breaks, otherwise I agree with you,  Evine charges ridiculous amounts for s&h.

Honored Contributor

Their goats are adorable, the guys have a great concept in all they do but I just can't figure out why their bar soaps are very drying at least they are for me.  My skin is dry enough without using their bars.  I had their tsv from the mid December show and had to return it all for that reason.  Used their soap in the s hower - it's a beautifully large bar and lathers wonderfully but left my skin from top to bottom extremely dry.

Trusted Contributor

I really pick and choose what I buy from Evine. I only shop Beekman products when they appear for special event shows with special pricing and shipping promos.

I've bought a few Waterford pieces, also during special events. Other than that, my purchases with them are few and far between. They really have to cut me a good deal to entice me to shop there. 

I am still irritated that they charged me four shipping fees and then put four orders into two shipping boxes. They will never reach the success of QVC and HSN and gain customer loyalty with those practices. 

Respected Contributor

IF I had "normal" skin, I definitely would have passed on the purchase. I've been using L'Occitane milk soap for years, & it's not what it used to be. My body doesn't tolerate chemicals or additives well, so I wanted to try Beekman.

I compared the shipping on Evine to Beekman during their last visit, & both places had high shipping. Since Evine buys in huge quantities, they should entice buyers with low shipping costs.

Like I said, I bought their original soap since it doesn't have honey, nut, etc. that my skin might react to. I really do love it....my skin feels very soft, & it rinses off well. The L'Occitane was leaving a thick, nasty film in my tub (& on my skin).  Smiley Frustrated

The Beekman soap is really nice, & I want more, but I'll have to watch for shipping discounts.

Thanks for all your responses.  Heart

Respected Contributor

BTW, the goats... so cute.   Heart