Respected Contributor

Beekman Review: New Snow Forest Bounty Box and The Whipped Body Creams

My Bounty Box came yesterday and I was so excited to try the new Snow Forest scent. Sadly, I'm not thrilled with it. The products are wonderful, the scent is not.

It's hard for me to describe the scent, but I would say that it smells like a cross between fir, pine and ginger ale. Ginger ale?! Weird, right? The first thought that came to mind was that it smelled almost like a Christmas tree. It's not an overpowering scent, I tried some of the whipped body cream on my hands and I couldn't even smell it an hour later. Who knows, maybe Snow Forest will grow on me and I'll come to like it. Smiley Frustrated

I'm glad that I took all the individual pieces out right away to check them. The body wash leaked; thankfully it was just a small amount and it was contained to the plastic molding it was placed in. The seal was not broken so there must be a tiny crack in the bottle itself.

As mentioned in a previous Beekman thread, this Bounty Box was the sneak peek of the TTV that will be featured on December 1.

On the other hand, I'm LOVING the 8 piece Whipped Body Creams!!! Smiley Very Happy

I've tried their body lotions and hand creams before, but this is the first time I've ever tried the body creams. They are fabulous!! The product sinks right into my skin with no greasy residue. And they all smell wonderful, not a stinker in the bunch. It's my first time smelling the Sweet Grass and Fig Leaf and both are wonderful. But it's the Vanilla Absolute that I'm really taken with. Some vanilla scents are either too sweet or too artificial, but this one is just perfect - soft and delicate. The scent lasts all day too; I'm still enjoying the scent on my arms after applying it this morning. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman Review: New Snow Forest Bounty Box and The Whipped Body Creams

@lmt - TY for posting the review! Ginger ale Woman Surprised Fragrance is so subjective,  but your description suggests that I won't like it and I don't want to take a risk for gifting.

I love the whipped body cream - it's emollient & not greasy. Love it as a winter hand cream. But I haven't purchased that 8p set... Hmmm Will wait for their event next week to see what they do with pricing + coupon.  

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the review!  I will probably try it if scent is mild/not overpowering & it’s  a good price on ttv day   I was hoping for a bounty box and I see some of the products are the pure(which I like). 

Honored Contributor

@lmt

Thanks for the review! I loved the sound of the holiday scent but your review tells me I probably wouldn’t be happy with it.

I love the whipped body cream, too. I use a tiny bit, what my mind tells me can’t be enough, and it is just right. I won’t buy an 8 pack of anything, though. That is too much product for me at one time. I’ll buy kits with one or, maybe two in it.

Id love scratch/sniff sample cards of all the scents. That would help me a lot.

Respected Contributor

As soon as I read the description of the scent, I figured it would smell Piney. I'll take it in a candle, but I'd prefer not to smell like a tree🙄. I never really go for earthy scents anyway...I prefer their florals. Ylang is my favorite. I agree the body creams are really nice too. I'll add, my ylang cream smells AWSOME upon application, but I can't smell it shortly after that. Same with hand cream☹. I haven't tried it in another scent, except the heirloom rose(discontinued), and that was strong, and smelled the entire day. Hopefully they'll make a good matching oil in Ylang, or a potent perfume. Maybe more florals. Not into those rollerballs. I have used the soap in vanilla, that was nice, mild. I just ordered the soap in Honeysuckle...hope that's nice too. Thanks for reviews...let us know what fragrances last best in creams, etc. I just HATE when I put something on I love, then it goes away.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the review. Mine should be here this week and I’m hoping I like it better than you do. It’s a Christmas present for me, LOL, but I will check out the scent of the body wash before it goes under the tree.

It has to be better than last year’s Oak Moss 😳

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@lmt - TY for posting the review! Ginger ale Woman Surprised Fragrance is so subjective,  but your description suggests that I won't like it and I don't want to take a risk for gifting.

I love the whipped body cream - it's emollient & not greasy. Love it as a winter hand cream. But I haven't purchased that 8p set... Hmmm Will wait for their event next week to see what they do with pricing + coupon.  

If you're familiar with Philosophy's Gingerbread Man shower gel scent, that's what it reminded me of. To me, Gingerbread Man always smelled more like ginger ale, not ginger bread. 

The Whipped Body Creams were one of the TTV's that day, I paid $49.99 / free shipping. I'm sorry that I didn't go on auto delivery but I wasn't sure that I would like some of the scents so I didn't want to take a chance. I know I just could've canceled the AD.....oh well, hindsight! I'm curious to see what the price will be in the next show; I'm seriously considering ordering another set.

EDITED to add: I just checked the price, and it's now $52.99 / $6.99 shipping. Only paying $3 more isn't bad; maybe they'll offer free or reduced shipping.

Respected Contributor

@equss wrote:

Thank you for the review!  I will probably try it if scent is mild/not overpowering & it’s  a good price on ttv day   I was hoping for a bounty box and I see some of the products are the pure(which I like). 

I imagine it'll be the same price that I paid since it was listed as a TTV. The whole thing was odd because they had other TTV's that day and the Bounty Box was only shown for about 10 or 15 minutes on the last show of their visit. I actually fell asleep before the presentation so I went online to order it. I watched the presentation and the graphics even listed it as TTV. I was able to still get the TTV price but I was chaged $4.99 for shipping. It wasn't until I came here and read some remarks that I learned that the live presentation was offering free shipping. I was able to call CS and they refunded me the shipping charge.

Yes, two of the products are Pure; one bar soap and a hand cream.

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@lmt

Thanks for the review! I loved the sound of the holiday scent but your review tells me I probably wouldn’t be happy with it.

I love the whipped body cream, too. I use a tiny bit, what my mind tells me can’t be enough, and it is just right. I won’t buy an 8 pack of anything, though. That is too much product for me at one time. I’ll buy kits with one or, maybe two in it.

Id love scratch/sniff sample cards of all the scents. That would help me a lot.

The nice thing about the Body Creams is that they're only 2oz each. Small, but big enough that they'll last awhile. As you mentioned, because they're so rich, you don't need to use a lot of the product. The size makes it also nice to travel with.

I wish they would offer scent cards, that would help so much!! I bet they would probably get more business if people were able to sample before ordering. It would save everybody the hassle and expense of returning items.

Respected Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:
As soon as I read the description of the scent, I figured it would smell Piney. I'll take it in a candle, but I'd prefer not to smell like a tree🙄. I never really go for earthy scents anyway...I prefer their florals. Ylang is my favorite. I agree the body creams are really nice too. I'll add, my ylang cream smells AWSOME upon application, but I can't smell it shortly after that. Same with hand cream☹. I haven't tried it in another scent, except the heirloom rose(discontinued), and that was strong, and smelled the entire day. Hopefully they'll make a good matching oil in Ylang, or a potent perfume. Maybe more florals. Not into those rollerballs. I have used the soap in vanilla, that was nice, mild. I just ordered the soap in Honeysuckle...hope that's nice too. Thanks for reviews...let us know what fragrances last best in creams, etc. I just HATE when I put something on I love, then it goes away.

Ylang Ylang and Tuberose is one of my favorites too!

Funny you mentioned those roller balls. I was thinking of ordering them, but I'm not wild about rollerballs either. I would much rather have a spray perfume. Maybe someday they'll come out with them!