Valued Contributor

Beekman Pure Goat Milk Soap

[ Edited ]

I love the Vanilla Body Butter and ordered the duo this visit.

As for soap, I use 100% Pure, but am interested in the Pure Goat Milk Soap because they say it's so great for sensitive skin. Can any of you share your thoughts on this soap regarding reducing irriation etc? I don't want fragrance in a soap, so that's why I'm considering the pure choice? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman Pure Goat Mils Soap

@Lally,   I have been using Zum goat's milk bar soap for years.  It never dries my hands.  I always keep a bar at my bathroom sink.  Zum uses essential oils for fragrance so it is natural scenting.  I have used it in the shower and it's the same -- does not dry your skin.  It is also excellent for sensitive skin.  I am not familiar with Beekman but at this time I have Zum on hand.  HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Contributor

Agree with above.  I use Beekman brand and it's gentle.  I now use the shampoo bars that work well with my color treated hair--no itching like I had with Wen (finally cut the umbilical with that brand).

Trusted Contributor

@Lally I have sensitive skin and couldn't be more happy with the Beekman plain Goat's Milk soap bars and liquid soap, as well as the pure hand cream and body lotion. With them I hvae no irritation whatsoever. Additionally, DH has always had a problem with super dry skin particularly in the winter and he will now only use these soaps. Hope this helps!

Valued Contributor

Re: Beekman Pure Goat Milk Soap

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much for the quick replies. I am going to order the Pure Soap for me. I've given the fragranced soaps as gifts in the past. It's time I discover what the Beekman Soap has to offer me. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your post - reminded me to order some more facial wipes - they finally got the Sweet Grass back in stock - just love those facial wipes!  I'm stocked up on soap for a good year.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Lally,   I have been using Zum goat's milk bar soap for years.  It never dries my hands.  I always keep a bar at my bathroom sink.  Zum uses essential oils for fragrance so it is natural scenting.  I have used it in the shower and it's the same -- does not dry your skin.  It is also excellent for sensitive skin.  I am not familiar with Beekman but at this time I have Zum on hand.  HeartCat Happy

@Katcat1 - you should definitely give the Beekman's soap a try - they are frothy and creamy - non-drying.  I don't even have to use lotion on my skin if I don't want to.  Just love their soaps.  I was getting local soap and they don't even compare.  I get the big bars and cut them in half - I swear 1/2 lasts me 2 months at least.  I love their Orange Blossom, but tried their Sweet Grass for the summer and like it too, although the Sweet Grass is a little more powerful smelling.  The Orange Blossom is lightly scented.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish my Sweet Grass soap was strong smelling @hoosieroriginal

Mine is losing its scent and smells very 'soapy', especially when using it. I've found this to be happening with a couple of the other scents from my Bounty Box purchases. Rather disappointing. I use large pretty wrapped scented bars of soap on a small shelf, as bathroom decor...and those have never lost their scent even after sitting for extended time.  These are large triple milled bars purchased at TJ's, some goat, some not. Anybody else noticing a dissipating scent change?

That being said, I do love the Apricot Green Tea scent. This is lovely. Fresh, bright and spa like. Reminds me of the Wen Bamboo Green Tea scent of the CC. I do find the Beekman soaps to be very moisturizing and really see benefits when combined with my Wen Nourishing Body Treatment cream. Great combo, especially for winter dryness!

My BFF recently received a six pack of assorted (3 scents) from Costco on line. The price is certainly right and there's great reviews both on site and the vendors web site.  I'll have to ask how she's liking hers.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

I wish my Sweet Grass soap was strong smelling @hoosieroriginal

Mine is losing its scent and smells very 'soapy', especially when using it. I've found this to be true with a couple of other scents from my Bounty Box purchases. Rather disappointing. I use large pretty wrapped scented bars of soap on a small shelf, as bathroom decor...and those have never lost their scent even after sitting for extended time.  These are large triple milled bars purchased at TJ's, some goat, some not. Anybody else noticing a scent change?

That being said, I do live the Apricot Green Tea scent. This is lovely. Fresh, bright and spa like. Reminds me of the Wen Bamboo Green Tea scent of the CC. I do find the Beekman soaps to be very moisturizing and really see benefits when combined with my Wen Nourishing Body Treatment cream. 

My BFF recently received a six pack of assorted (3 scents) from Costco on line. The price is certainly right and there's great reviews both on site and the vendors web site.  I'll have to ask how she's liking hers.

@rochelleS-when I first got my sweet grass - I could smell it throughout the house.  It is still pretty strong.  Thanks for the review on the Apricot Green Tea.  I'll give that a try next.  I love the smell of Wen Bamboo Green Tea (which I use to cleanse my face every night).  I did not like the grapefruit - waaaaay too strong smelling! 

Respected Contributor

The unscented is fine for sensitive skin, but stay away from their soaps with fragrence.  I prefer the quality of Goat Milk Stuff soap.  My skin is softer and more moisturized. They use natural essential oils for their scents, never bother my sensitive skin and the price is so much better.  They are family run and have the best customer service ever.