Honored Contributor

Beekman Probiotic Products....ugh☹️

My skin is a total mess since I started using the skin probiotic.  Although, I love the soaps.

Lots of clogged pores & more.  (I made a dermatology appointment.). My skin never feels like I've gotten all the cleanser off or "clean".

I couldn't get a appt til 2/2 any suggestions for a good cleanser -- I'll be disappointed if he tells me to discontinue as I have a lot of products ☹️

thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beekman Probiotic Products....ugh☹️

I'm not a fan of Beekman's skin care (or hair care)  items. But I love the bath & body products! I've also had very good experiences with the nail care.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 It seems obvious to me that until you see your doctor you should quit using the products. Hopefully you'll find a good cleanser but no way would I use junk that messed up my skin like that, no matter how much of it I had purchased. Good luck with your doctor appointment.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

like I said I'm not going to continue use☹️

What I most likely will do is use Cetaphil or Nuetrogeana until I can see dermatologist.  I certainly don't want it to get worse.  

I have had problems with millia in the past and now it's back -- worse...ugh

Personally, I think the cleanser is too creamy & heavy it doesn't feel like it's "washed off" ..

I will send my "stash" to my cousin who loves Beekman skincare if these products are not good for me!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 Oops my boo boo for not reading more carefully!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Love my grandkids 

What I most likely will do is use Cetaphil or Nuetrogeana until I can see dermatologist.  I certainly don't want it to get worse.  

Personally, I think the cleanser is too creamy & heavy it doesn't feel like it's "washed off" ..

I will send my "stash" to my cousin who loves Beekman skincare if these products are not good for me!

@homedecor1   This is a good plan.  A simple, basic, gentle cleanser is all you really need.  You could probably start some gentle exfoliation and a salicylic acid pad (Stridex) to work on the milia. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Love my grandkids 

@homedecor1   This is a good plan.  A simple, basic, gentle cleanser is all you really need.  You could probably start some gentle exfoliation and a salicylic acid pad (Stridex) to work on the milia. 

@homedecor1  @JeanLouiseFinch  @Love my grandkids  Good morning, Ladies. I'd like to weigh in here re: skincare while waiting for derm appointment. Too many products that could irritate the skin like too much exfoliation and using an acid may not be the best thing while waiting for the derm's recommendations. I'd stay with a gentle cleanser, maybe a gentle toner like witch hazel (cleans pores) afterwards and if your skin is dry, you can use a light moisturizer. Check out using choosing something gentle and inexpensive (since temporary) like Johnson's Baby Lotion or something similar. ***If the products were purchased from Q or HSN within the last 30 days, I'd return them for a refund and/or contact Beekman to let them know the difficulty you experienced.

Please note that these probiotic products  may not have  reacted with only your skin, but to products you had previously used. If your skin was over exfoliated, dry, irritated, used too many acid products, etc., I usually suggest discontinuing your usual skincare routine for at least 2 weeks to let your skin return to some balance before starting a new routine. ***Be gentle with your face. No washcloths, picking at anything and keep hands clean before washing or handling your face. For now,   apply and rinse cleasers off with cotton pads instead. 

If possible I would keep makeup and SPF to a minimum and make sure all products are non-comedogenic. You may be able to purchase small sizes of Clinique products for cleansers, toner, moistures and sunscreen and a light foundation...samples.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Love my grandkids 

Good choice going with Cetaphil @homedecor1

(Did you ask the derm office to call you should they get a cancelation?)

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1 

Good morning . i have not used these products but have had a similar reaction from similar cleanser . I am 57 but still suffer from acne prone skin prone to lots of clogged pores and breakouts if I use certain products  .  The biggest culprit for me are fragrance and oils . I agree with the other to stop using till you can get a doctor appointment . in the meanntime take a look at the ingredients list , look for the sneaky fragrances sometimes things like rosewater , and different flowers and esscence  have a lot of fragrance . Since these things are considered natural or organic they are not always listed as a fragrance . I also know I have no luck with oils . I know many swear by coconut , argan and jojoba oil , these things always sit on my skin and cause huge pore issues . good luck .

Trusted Contributor

If you google Beautypedia you will see reviews of makeup and skin care products that are on shopping channels, dept. stores or drug stores.  They will tell you if they have irritating ingredients, are cruelty free, no fragrance, etc.  I do use a lot of Paula's Choice products (since 1995), but also purchase Olay and Neutrogena and The Ordinary.