Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman Natural Deodorant - Reviews

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

Those prices are crazy alright! 

Im not spending more than $6 on deodorant and Ive found sticks for as low as 2,99 in Big Lots.  The goat men are laughing all the way to the bank.  Not on my dime.

@Reever 

Because we all have different preferences in the products we use, as well as the amount of money we are willing to pay for those products, does not mean any of us is better or smarter than the other.  Your response didn't even address her inquiry; it was a tacky jab at what you're willing to spend on deorderant. If she spends more, so what, just as if you spend less, so what?  She is hoping to get feedback on how the product performs by those who have used it, which, by the way, I would like to hear as well.  Beekman is definitely less than what I spend on deodorant, but so what?!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I have never witnessed anyone that knew that they had an issue with NOT smelling fresh know that they had the problem. Not trying to be difficult, just the truth.

How would one know if these products worked?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have never witnessed anyone that knew that they had an issue with NOT smelling fresh know that they had the problem. Not trying to be difficult, just the truth.

How would one know if these products worked?

@ECBG  - How we know effectivity is by trial/using it. I've been making a concerted effort to remove products that are used personally or in the household (cleaning) that use chemicals known to be harmful. 

We've come along way with options for products that are cruelty free and those options are increasing.

Natural products are also expanding. Natural deodorants have been available but most were not effective/desirable for me. Some had a tacky sticky feel, others failed the end of day 'smell' test. I could smell a foul odor (underarm) on myself and my clothing/tops. 

The Beekman deodorant has  very slight citrus scent. It goes on clear and doesn't feel sticky/tacky. Also no stain on clothes as some deodorants do, and so far no end of day smell -me nor my clothing. My only concern is to see how it oerforms iduring the hot/humid weather and day hikes, hard workouts, etc

QVC and HSN are now offering extended 90 day returns so it's a good time to try out such products.  They 'allow' us to try/use the products & will take returns for any/most reasons. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl Thank you for your kind answer.  I have been around many people that I wish I had not been.  Perhaps they didn't care which would be quite something.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Chi-town girl Thank you for your kind answer.  I have been around many people that I wish I had not been.  Perhaps they didn't care which would be quite something.

@ECBG  - lol, I understand.  There are some that have issues with no being able to smell, so maybe that's 1 reason.  

In other cases it's a cultural thing. Some Europeans only bathe weekly -  i know personally bc our office had a colleague from France work stateside for a year.  Very competent nice guy. Monday-Wed wasn't unbearable,  but by Friday...yikes. Someone referred to the situation as him being 'ripe' by end of week, lol!

Having ridden the tube in London (metro system) - people are packed in like sardines, holding the ceiling straps, yes opens armpits. Oy, I was trying not to gag. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@iwrite wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

Im not spending more than $6 on deodorant and Ive found sticks for as low as 2,99 in Big Lots.  The goat men are laughing all the way to the bank.  Not on my dime.

I asked for reviews of the Beekman deodorant... hopefully your math skills are better than your reading/comprehensive skills  Woman Wink

And I won't even attempt to explain to you  true product comparison based on ingredients,  effectiveness, no animal testing, lol Woman Tongue

hi @Chi-town girl 

long time no see <smile> how is your korres stash? hope all is well with you.

yes, the FIRST line (no doubt)  of your post asked for people that purchased the Beekman product to post reviews. the same thing has happened in some threads that i created.

i agree with you about the ingredients being important. sadly, i've come to realize that some don't have a problem putting ingredients on their skin that can lead to things like weakening their endocrine system. and right about now, not to be funny, but having a non compromised immune system is a really good thing.

here's a math problem, which costs less?

A. paying the co-pay for cancer treatments, respiratory distress or neurological toxicity, to name a few problems that the wrong ingredients cause over time. many trips back and forth to doctors offices.

B. buying products that don't have chemicals that are KNOWN to cause any of the medical problems in A above. no repetitive doctors visits required.

growing up, i was taught, 'when you know better, you do better'. as an adult, i've discovered that is not true for many. if the label on some products said 'ingredient x is known to cause cancer', some would think it was a hoax.

i can't help but wonder what some are going to do when their made in china makeup is out of stock for a long period of time. even if i wore makeup, there is no way on God's green earth, that i would put a beauty product made in china on any of my skin.

stay safe and enjoy your new beekman find.

@iwrite  - it seems some really don't understand or maybe it's care/consideration for the OP when they respond. 

Some posters that despise certain brands will follow me looking for an opportunity to derail a thread or to post something rude/insulting. I've seen it repeatedly here where they derail my threads or others, joyfully! And in many cases it's the same posters over and over and over. Shouldn't THEY be banned? 

Regarding Korres, they have a new sunless tanning product. I posted info on the Korres thread. I'm happy with TanTowels, so I'm not going to purchase the Korres product,  but am interested in reviews. Let me know if you try it

@Chi-town girl 

i think that some that post off topic messages know exactly what they are doing.

yes, some don't like beekman or korres. that's fine. the same 'crew' follows me too. i don't care, as they don't pay my bills. other then here and  personal emails, i get paid for writing. i don't know why some spend so much time writing off topic replies.

if people started getting banned for posting something that has nothing to do with the thread, there would be very few posts.

i have no need for any tanning products, 'cause i'll be in the house until the virus calms way down. my aunt wants me to come up to cape cod. that's an option, but the two of us would never get any work done!

perhaps, i should get her opinion on this thread. she has 2 phd's in psychology something or other and one in pharmacology. so she's way past qualified to 'diagnose' the situation and can prescribe the appropriate medication or institution one should be checked in to.  even though she claims she's retired, she's currently running some type of hot line counseling for medical people on the front line via teleconferencing, while sitting on her private beach! now you see why i wouldn't get any work done - LOL

actually, i know what my aunt would tell you. 'pay them no never mind. you lived for x  years (x is your current age) without knowing them, so you can easily do another x  years without them. that will be $400 please and thank you.

Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

what the cabin fever, can't find beauty products made in china or toilet paper is going on?

why are people so besides themselves because they posted responses that have absolutely nothing to do with beekman deodorant.

products are made at all different price points and quality of ingredients for a reason. some care, some want to save money and some could care less. that's cool, but don't come for someone because of what they buy and ask if anyone else is using it.

i never thought i'd say this, but i'll be glad when some people have to go back to work. instead of being grateful that they have a roof over their head and aren't in the hospital, they want to come for you and probably me too. the only way one can come for me is if they have a black card or a personal banker. anything short of that is a non %$@! factor.

trying to stay relevant is absolutely pointless unless one is getting paid to do so.
that seems to be the common thread why the same group of people post basically the same thing, regardless of the title of the thread.

i hope this doesn't make you faint, but the only thing that i have purchased in months is the beekman tube moisturizer. not because of the virus or lack of income, ('cause i just signed a $significant$ contract, that i wasn't even looking for). i stopped because my stash of beekman and korres is on overload. don't be mad or kick me out of the korres/beekman club <smile>

enjoy your quality beekman product and let others continue to put chemicals onto their skin. your skin will be glowing and your immune system will be in tip top shape. others, not so much.

ps. you aren't rude. you asked a question about a specific product. it's not your fault that some did not understand the question.

the response that started with 'I didn't realize once you post a topic no one can say anything but what your post said.' really cracked me up.

hello, there's a reason why there is a subject line for threads. to give people an idea of what the discussion is about.

so, if i posted a thread about writing code using the COBOL programming language, should people respond by talking about the fact that they can't get their hair or nails done? probably not, as that reply is off topic!

ttyl

Respected Contributor

Yes there's a subject thread but that doesn't warrant the OP posting rude insulting replies to others who don't answer the way she wants.

Respected Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

Yes there's a subject thread but that doesn't warrant the OP posting rude insulting replies to others who don't answer the way she wants.

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

I asked for reviews of the Beekman deodorant... hopefully your math skills are better than your reading/comprehensive skills  Woman Wink

And I won't even attempt to explain to you  true product comparison based on ingredients,  effectiveness, no animal testing, lol Woman Tongue

Hi Chi-Town

I got the set on auto delivery and love it. I had been using clinical formulas of different brands and was concerned this would not work for me.  It does and its awesome.  I like that it doesn't have all the bad stuff.  Worth every cent.

Deb

@SFGIANTSGIRL  Hi Deb - glad it's working for you too! I have also tried a number of other natural deodorant products and they were all tossed.

I'm still waiting for the TSV Bounty Box -  have you rec'd your order? Excited to try the Spring Blossom scent 

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

Hi Chi-Town

I got the set on auto delivery and love it. I had been using clinical formulas of different brands and was concerned this would not work for me.  It does and its awesome.  I like that it doesn't have all the bad stuff.  Worth every cent.

Deb

@SFGIANTSGIRL  Hi Deb - glad it's working for you too! I have also tried a number of other natural deodorant products and they were all tossed.

I'm still waiting for the TSV Bounty Box -  have you rec'd your order? Excited to try the Spring Blossom scent 

Got the spring blossom box and love the scent.  Its floral but not overpowering.

Deb