Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman MacKenzie-Childs Bounty Box

@rochelleSwrote:

@Chi-town girl

The box is 3" deep, if that helps.

@rochelleS - you're a doll! TY. It might work. The caddy is 3". I think it would make a nice gift

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I posted comments on the "review" thread during the night but thought I'd come back here for a little update on the scent. Initially the lotion was stronger, more intense upon first application. Now today it has faded but the perfume still softly lingers almost 24 hours later. A pleasant surprise. The scent has settled down and very much reminds me of a Pure Grace or Clean Ultimate relative. The notes have melded into an ever so soft green floral with a clean delicate fresh soap finish. Very understated and attractive. 

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 - I reserve the right to change my mind and keep it all Woman LOL but I am on subscription for the other 2 boxes so there will be more to share (or keep Woman LOL)

And, the Skinn order...mine is still 'in process'. Has your order shipped?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girlwrote:

@Blingqueen023 - I reserve the right to change my mind and keep it all Woman LOL but I am on subscription for the other 2 boxes so there will be more to share (or keep Woman LOL)

@Chi-town girl  Just checked my order status and it’s still in process.  The deliver date says April 10th. I guess I’ll have to be patient for this one.  I bet they’re strapping them on the back of the turtles 🐢 now.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023wrote:

@Chi-town girlwrote:

@Chi-town girl  Just checked my order status and it’s still in process.  The deliver date says April 10th. I guess I’ll have to be patient for this one.  I bet they’re strapping them on the back of the turtles 🐢 now.  Woman LOL

Only after the overworked turtle staff completes the Beekman deliveries Woman LOL Woman Tongue

My Skinn order ETA is Sat April 7, which is possible bc they are shipping it via USPS

Honored Contributor

@sommertimewrote:

@Chi-town girlwrote:

@willdob3wrote:

My shampoo/conditioner duo has been delivered! My Lorac shadow palette from HSN was, too! I wonder if my boss would consider giving me the afternoon off to play with them? Smiley Wink 

Cough, cough, I think you need some 'rest' Woman LOL 

Yeah, that's an idea! A little aroma therapy should do it! lol

LOL @Chi-town girl @sommertime @Linmo @conlt

As nice as it would have been, it didn’t happen. And I think my boss needs to go home (when the rest of her big family is gone!) early more than me. The last few days, when I popped my head into her office, she was surrounded by big piles of work - even on the floor of her office! She needs a good, restful  weekend.

BUT, I did get my shampoo/conditioner yesterday! - And so you know what my hair is like... I have fine, thin, stick-straight, never-heard-of-volume hair cut in a bob not quite reaching my shoulders. My hair tends to just stick out kind of similar to static cling like only different no matter what I do or put on it. It tends to look a bit messy despite my best efforts. I have an oily scalp and the ends of my hair tend to seem and look dry - but not damaged at all. I’ve washed my hair every day for as long as I can remember, even as a teen.

As is my practice when trying a new shampoo/conditioner for the first time, I did not use any additional products in my hair after washing my hair Monday night. I let it air dry, as I usually do. I did use hair spray in the morning after styling a bit with my curling brush. I checked my hair throughout the day & thought it looked a little better than it usually does - and that is with extra products. My hair still stuck out a bit. 

So, last night after washing my hair, I applied a bit of Ion Luxe Opulent Shine Cream Oil to the length of my hair (not close to scalp). I have been doing this for a while in an effort to tame my hair. This morning I used my curling brush - just to smooth and give a slight curve under to my hair. It looked good. Took very little effort. I got dressed after doing my hair and hurried back to the mirror to see if my hair looked all messed up like it usually does after I get dressed. Wow. My hair wasn’t messed up even though I pulled a tank top over my head...

I looked in the mirror several times during the day and, every time, my hair looked great! It had that sleek look that has always eluded me before. A couple times I caught a glimpse of my hair flying back as if in a wind as I rushed around a corner but, when I stopped, it fell right into place! This is unheard of for my hair! This was a Good Hair Day in a completely different category than I’ve experienced before. I never even brushed my hair once at work!

Does this last? Get even better with more use? I’m very happy that I listened & paid attention to the good reviews for Beekman Shampoo & Conditioner. I can’t wait to see if I’m going to have another good hair day tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 Yeah, having a good hair day always makes you feel great! I will have to try this shampoo. I have been using Skinn shampoo and alternate with Nick Chavez volumn sham/cond. Just depends on my mood that day!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 - good news re the Beekman hair products!

The Market Flower hand wash was delivered today. Of course, I tried it immediately. 

Initial thoughts - fresh, light, green (the dewey leaves per their description). Slight hint of jasmine. I don't detect the zesty citrus. It's a nice fresh spring/summer scent.

It's a keeper! @Blingqueen023, you are riight... I may end up buying more Flower Market hand lotion for the gift caddyWoman LOL or gifting the next BB while I keep this one. I can't wait to try the other items which should arrive tmrw. With the fragrance spray we can layer - soap/wash, lotion and spray which I find to last longer

Flower Market is a less intense fragrance than Ylang Ylang or the Heirloom Violet, the other 'florals' we are using. We only have a small amt of the violet hand wash left so timing is great to swap out for Flower Market. 

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 I'm glad that you are enjoying the ylang ylang shampoo and conditioner.  I used it every day for awhile, but now alternate it with my Nexxus Therape and Humectress products.  I get better results that way and the ylang ylang products last longer.  It sounds like we have exactly the same type of hair, although mine might be a tad longer than yours.  I hope you have continued success using it!