Contributor

Re: Beekman MacKenzie-Childs Bounty Box

Travel dish made in China; soap dish made in Taiwan.  Very disappointing.  Especially when they seem to promote products made in USA.

Super Contributor

love their products.  but 93 dollars for a bounty box with sh and tax. easy pass for me.  enjoy. 

Honored Contributor

@SKJCPAwrote:

Travel dish made in China; soap dish made in Taiwan.  Very disappointing.  Especially when they seem to promote products made in USA.

The only thing made in the USA is their ceramic collections.  The enamelware is made other places.  Rebecca the vendor does state this when she is on.

Respected Contributor

@Pecky@SKJCPAthanks for pointing that out.  I didn't realize that some of their products are outsourced.  I still think very highly of MC.  I purchased the cannister set from Evine before Christmas and one of the little knobs was broken.  I didn't want to deal with Evine customer service (also the item had sold out), so I contacted MC customer service.  I asked them for one replacement knob and they sent me 3 new ones, free of charge.  

Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girlwrote:

MKC11PCBOX-FM_700x.png

Here is the larger box sold on Beekman website for $150. Evine box price is $10/item, a better per item price. 

The bounty boxes are seasonal and limited. They don't sell them 'for years' but they may sell the individual items afterwards like Sweet Grass.

I DVR'd the shows and have not watched yet so I can't comment on how it was promoted. 

Personally, I like the evine subscription bounty boxes. They are unique and limited and not too costly

I went to their site to check this out and shipping is $19! Outrageous! Plus I don't need all the other items since it is my first time trying them. Evine's seems like a better deal for sure. Thank you for posting this @Chi-town girl.

Valued Contributor

@LisaMofSLC  I have wanted the Courtly Check tea kettle for awhile. Hubs got it for my BD. He had it gift wrapped.It was the most beautifully package ever. It was in a very sturdy box that looked like painted scenes from the farm and other items they decorate.I have it out to see. It's big. I think gift wrap was only $6.50.

Valued Contributor

I figured they buy the "shells" in other countries and have them hand painted here in the US by their artisans.

Valued Contributor

My brother had one of those black and white kitchens, with the black and white check tile floors. Courty check would go with such a kitchen. Me, I love flowers. If these kits had the matching flower market soap dishes, I could not buy the kit fast enough. I would rather get indiviidual pieces I would actually use.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValentinaBonwrote:

@Nightowlzwrote:

@Chi-town girlwrote:

@Nightowlz - yes, I was wondering why the duplicate dish but I will be gifting 2 of the 3. Will do my own configuration/contents for gifting with some other non Beekman items.

The boxes are so well done! It's gonna be an early sellout!

@Chi-town girl 

I do the same thing with some of the bounty boxes & other gift sets. Wish the matching lip balm was not tinted.

I don't know if I want the other AD boxes from the description of the scents?

@Nightowlz Can you please tell me where you can find the other scent descriptions? I was curious about them. I think the blue box set is so very pretty.

@ValentinaBon I did not see the description online but heard them talk about them on Evine. They showed a list of the scents so I recorded the show. HTH

Morning Glory Scent

Top Notes: Mandarin, Lemon, Bergamont

Middle Notes: Lily, Jasmine, Eucalyptus

Base Notes: Patchouli, Amber, Musk

Essential Oils: 

Lemon, Cedar, Mandarin Orange, Grapefruit, Patchouli, Clove, Eucalyptus & Citronella

Covent Garden Scent

Top Notes: Bergamont, Cardamom, Lemon

Middle Notes: Tea Leaves, Lavender, Jasmine

Base Notes: Fir, Cypress, Amber, Vanilla, Musk

Essential Oils:

Grapefruit, Cypress, Lemon, Sage, Cypress Scariosus, Elemi, Bergamont, Guaiacwood, Fir Needle, Cedar, Geranium, Lavender, Mandarin Orange, Patchouli, Gurjun Balsam Oil

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night I tried to buy some things on the Beekman 1802 website and it didn't work. Maybe a good thing. When I saw what you said the shippping was $19, mine would have been $15 for three small things, I decided to get the Bounty box. I can gift the soap dish with one of the small bars of soap and just keep the rest of the items. Hopefully the scents smell good, since I got the subscription. Or more gifting lol