Trusted Contributor

Re: Beekman Holiday Bounty Box is posted at HSN

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

Any sort of coupon/code has never been allowed to use on  a TS at HSN. I've been shopping with them since 1990. I've tried many times. No go. ShopHQ is the only place that allows it on any top deal. 

@BdBettyB- And I'm telling you the wording for this particular coupon does NOT exclude those items.  I'm quite capable of reading the terms and understanding them.

Let's see what happens with my order, shall we?  

I didn't quote you. I was speaking in  general terms. Sheeesh. 

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@guatmum wrote:

I have bought many Beekman items in the past and have been, in general, very happy with them.  However, I will not purchase another item from their company until/unless they either ship out the Fall seasonal bounty box that some of us bought on autodelivery or they update their customers on what is happening.  To have it on extended delivery for months without them putting forth any kind of explanation or prediction as to when it will ship is unacceptable.  I am really disappointed that they haven't addressed this.  Maybe the company isn't so caring of their "neighbors" after all. Smiley Sad

@guatmum- I had gotten an email quite a while ago that this would be delayed, but it was even delayed beyond the estimated date they gave.  Mine finally arrived on 10/30, so perhaps they're working their way through the backlog.

I agree:  it's unacceptable not to let customers know what is going on and when to expect their shipment.  Perhaps an email directly to them on their own website would help?

I got the summer one and was disappointed that one corner of the keepsake box was split.  (The outside box wasn't damaged, so it was clearly packaged that way.)  I called HSN and was told that they couldn't replace it.  I had to keep it as is (with a partial credit) or return the whole thing and miss out.  I chose to keep the box I got, but would've preferred one in perfect condition.  I think they should allow some "extras" for these situations.

I was a big fan of the subscription seasonal BBoxes until they started selling them one-off without subscription requirement at same price. There is no real incentive to be on subscription - at very least there should be a price break. I cancelled my subscription in June after I recd the summer box.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

For anyone interested in the Beekman Q visit later this month, per Facebook post hint, it is a 'launch' of something really 'beautiful' so I think it might be something new. 

They hire artists to create original artwork for the holiday packaging.  This year,  the artist is Maggie Enterrios. She has done creative work for a number of companies including Apple and Instagram. She created a series of vintage postage stamps of the Beekman farm and village for this holiday.

49bd427487047.5a4d4ecf797b0.jpg

75237475_10157931321759283_522357238254272512_o.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl- I understood with the current seasonal A/D with the music box, that you could only get the first box (Morning Mist), if you didn't order the A/D.  I haven't seen any of the others offered separately.  Have you?

I also understood from HSN's CS rep that is why they couldn't replace my damaged box - because they only make enough to fulfill the A/D shipments.

I'm a relative newcomer to the Beekman brand, but I love it, so am happy to buy these for now.  But when they start to pile up, I'll cut back on ordering.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Chi-town girl- I understood with the current seasonal A/D with the music box, that you could only get the first box (Morning Mist), if you didn't order the A/D.  I haven't seen any of the others offered separately.  Have you?

I also understood from HSN's CS rep that is why they couldn't replace my damaged box - because they only make enough to fulfill the A/D shipments.

I'm a relative newcomer to the Beekman brand, but I love it, so am happy to buy these for now.  But when they start to pile up, I'll cut back on ordering.

@Venezia  - yes, you're right about the 1st box and subscription - it was sold only as a subscription. The 1st box, Morning Mist was sold at Q after the H TS.

I watched some of the Beekman Q shows and it was presented at same price as for H subscribers - right around the time the Summer box shipped. I was surprised they had that much quantity of a supposed sold out TS item and it was sold at same price with no mention about it bring an H subscription program. 

I've been a Bounty Box subscriber since the 1st one launched at Evine - they were truly limited - still love them and will continue to buy them, just not sure about doing a full year subscription. I usually split up the contents of the box, keeping some and gifting some. The boxes make a nice gift - I add other non-Beekman items. The boxes are also nice to store my beauty stash. 

Please post a review of the Fall box! 

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl- I'm not very good at describing the scents and I don't open any of the hand or body creams until I've used up ones I already have.  I'd say from smelling the soap that it's a unisex fragrance, but the creams could be a different story.  It's the usual 3 soaps, one body cream, one hand cream and a tinted lip gloss (light pink).

The box itself is beautiful, but I can't say the "music box" captures the sound of rustling leaves for me!  There are a few birds chirping at the start, but then just the sound of a strong wind.  I suspect it's a hard sound to capture.  Smiley Happy

I think I saw the Morning Mist box offered for less than I paid, when it was shown on QVC as a OTO, and I wasn't too thrilled with that either, but I've chalked it up to the transition to selling on the Q.  I watch the prices on both channels now.

Valued Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@TheMemphisVette , @Chi-town girl and others:

I attempted twice to use the code: it DOES come up with the $5 off BUT....when I hit submit, the final total has the amount with the $5 added BACK IN.

Has anyone had this issue? SIL in London wants this so.....

@SahmIam The item is now listed as TS Preview, so the coupon may no longer be applicable.  I placed my order last night before it was listed as TS Preview.  My order receipt shows the correct amount with the coupon applied, but my credit card was authorized for the amount that it would have been without the coupon.  I'm going to wait for the charge to post and will call CS if necessary at that point.

I just placed my order for the bounty box through TopCashBack (5%) with code 188529. My invoice and my confirmation email show that I saved $5, for a total of $59.48. But my cc has a pending charge of $64.89 (no coupon discount). I will be waiting to see what the final charge is, and might have to call CS as well. If we aren't allowed to use a coupon code, we're usually notified during the checkout process.

Regular Contributor

Reading these posts confirms how individual our preferences are. I am very sensiitve to fragrances, BUT  I love most of the Beekman ones, with the Ylang Ylang, which so many of you poo-pooed, as one of my favorites!  

The Beekman fragrances do not make me sneeze, itch, and I do not get a headache with them. Not sure what they use, but it sure works for me. Love them!

I just ordered the TSV and lip balms from HSN. Does any one know what the QVC Beekman TSV will be?

Respected Contributor

@Eager2Learn wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@TheMemphisVette , @Chi-town girl and others:

I attempted twice to use the code: it DOES come up with the $5 off BUT....when I hit submit, the final total has the amount with the $5 added BACK IN.

Has anyone had this issue? SIL in London wants this so.....

@SahmIam The item is now listed as TS Preview, so the coupon may no longer be applicable.  I placed my order last night before it was listed as TS Preview.  My order receipt shows the correct amount with the coupon applied, but my credit card was authorized for the amount that it would have been without the coupon.  I'm going to wait for the charge to post and will call CS if necessary at that point.

I just placed my order for the bounty box through TopCashBack (5%) with code 188529. My invoice and my confirmation email show that I saved $5, for a total of $59.48. But my cc has a pending charge of $64.89 (no coupon discount). I will be waiting to see what the final charge is, and might have to call CS as well. If we aren't allowed to use a coupon code, we're usually notified during the checkout process.

@Eager2Learn @Venezia My box shipped a couple of days ago.  I just checked my credit card info.  I was billed the amount that the order receipt showed, not the higher amount that was authorized on my card, so they did honor the $5 coupon.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia 

@Venezia wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

Any sort of coupon/code has never been allowed to use on  a TS at HSN. I've been shopping with them since 1990. I've tried many times. No go. ShopHQ is the only place that allows it on any top deal. 

@BdBettyB- And I'm telling you the wording for this particular coupon does NOT exclude those items.  I'm quite capable of reading the terms and understanding them.

Let's see what happens with my order, shall we?  

The coupon works when you spend 99.00.  I did and it works.  It said online coupon  20.00 off if you buy 99.00, but only for that day Thurs or Friday.