Valued Contributor

Re: Beekman Flower Market Bounty Box Review

Excellent information,thank you @Nightowlz

Honored Contributor

@lmtwrote:

@Chi-town girl  I smell mostly the bamboo note giving it the green scent, and I agree with you - I don't detect any citrus notes at all.

I'm glad that you like the Flower Market. For me, I wish it was more floral and less green

Flower Market reminds me of a cool, wet day in fall. And that's not a bad thing, LOL!

@lmt I don't know what bamboo smells like but that must be what I'm smelling since it smells green to me also.

Last night I sprayed on the spray & kept sniffing it trying to figure it out. A few mins later I had a horrible headache, nauseous, dizzy & almost threw up. I don't know if that was sniffing the spray or a coincidence? Got up this morning & still not feeling good. Strange I was fine until I started sniffing the spray?

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz  Thanks for the detailed information about the upcoming bounty boxes!!

Years back, Bath & Body Works had a shower gel called 'Vetiver' which I loved. It was a fresh, clean, earthy 'green' scent. The more I smell the Flower Market the more it reminds of Vetiver.

This morning I used both the lotion and perfume and the only way I could smell it on me was when I raised my wrist right up to my nose. I wish it had longer staying power.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlzwrote:

@Chi-town girlwrote:

@lmtwrote:

@Chi-town girl  I smell mostly the bamboo note giving it the green scent, and I agree with you - I don't detect any citrus notes at all.

I'm glad that you like the Flower Market. For me, I wish it was more floral and less green

Flower Market reminds me of a cool, wet day in fall. And that's not a bad thing, LOL!

@lmt Using the hand wash again I think I detect the zesty citrus while it's in the soap form/wet vs how my hands smell after rinse and dry. Will see if the soap is the same or different. It's definitely a 'green' scent.

Thx to @Linmo on the other thread, we can start thinking about BB#2 and BB#3. I think Brent said #3 is the most floral of fhe 3? We need to find the description/notes

The Bounty Box will be on auto-delivery.  Here are the details and a picture of the second shipment (morning glory scent with a parchment check soap dish).

Screenshot 2018-03-09 09.05.14.pngScreenshot 2018-03-09 09.04.53.png

@Chi-town girl @ValentinaBon @lmt @Linmo

They showed the notes of the other kits while on air. When the list of each one popped up I recorded it so I could write them down. Here are the descriptions they gave on air.

Morning Glory Scent

Top Notes: Mandarin, Lemon, Bergamont

Middle Notes: Lily, Jasmine, Eucalyptus

Base Notes: Patchouli, Amber, Musk

Essential Oils: 

Lemon, Cedar, Mandarin Orange, Grapefruit, Patchouli, Clove, Eucalyptus & Citronella

Covent Garden Scent

Top Notes: Bergamont, Cardamom, Lemon

Middle Notes: Tea Leaves, Lavender, Jasmine

Base Notes: Fir, Cypress, Amber, Vanilla, Musk

Essential Oils:

Grapefruit, Cypress, Lemon, Sage, Cypress Scariosus, Elemi, Bergamont, Guaiacwood, Fir Needle, Cedar, Geranium, Lavender, Mandarin Orange, Patchouli, Gurjun Balsam Oil

TY @Nightowlz - I think the name Flower Market is misleading for the scent of B#1. There is a slight scent of jasmine but otherwise it's not floral. 

Isn't the Flower Market name from the MacKenzie-Childs brand? And the floral design on the products and packaging. It's very pretty, but misleading since that is not representative of the scent

There will most likely be returns due to the scent not being floral. 

They should have named this something else that would be more descriptive of the bamboo green scent as well as the artwork. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlzwrote:

@lmtwrote:

@lmt I don't know what bamboo smells like but that must be what I'm smelling since it smells green to me also.

Last night I sprayed on the spray & kept sniffing it trying to figure it out. A few mins later I had a horrible headache, nauseous, dizzy & almost threw up. I don't know if that was sniffing the spray or a coincidence? Got up this morning & still not feeling good. Strange I was fine until I started sniffing the spray?

@Nightowlz - are you feeling better? You might have had an allergic reaction. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@ValentinaBonwrote:

@Chi-town girl I don't think that BB #3 is the most floral. They talked a lot about it being the one out of the three that Men will like to use, more of a unisex scent. I specifically remember these discussions because  although I like the color scheme of that box the best, I felt like I may not like the scent  as much as the other two. Most men would not be into very floral scents so I don't think it will be very much. 

I couldn't locate the scent information and glad @Nightowlz wrote it down!

Only watched a few shows so I didnt hear all the details. But I recall Brent saying that there is no scent associated with Morning Glory flowers

So....why not name the boxes with something that actually describes the product? It's causing confusion and disappointment.  They will be dealing with a higher rate of returns I suspect. 

None of the BB are 'floral' based on my experience with the 1st box and per the descriptions below. 

Morning Glory Scent

Top Notes: Mandarin, Lemon, Bergamont

Middle Notes: Lily, Jasmine, Eucalyptus

Base Notes: Patchouli, Amber, Musk

Essential Oils: 

Lemon, Cedar, Mandarin Orange, Grapefruit, Patchouli, Clove, Eucalyptus & Citronella

Covent Garden Scent

Top Notes: Bergamont, Cardamom, Lemon

Middle Notes: Tea Leaves, Lavender, Jasmine

Base Notes: Fir, Cypress, Amber, Vanilla, Musk

Essential Oils:

Grapefruit, Cypress, Lemon, Sage, Cypress Scariosus, Elemi, Bergamont, Guaiacwood, Fir Needle, Cedar, Geranium, Lavender, Mandarin Orange, Patchouli, Gurjun Balsam Oil

Trusted Contributor

I thought the box was pretty, but I didn't like the scent.

Honored Contributor

My BB arrived today. Like @Nightowlz the outer carton was not a printed Evine shipping carton. The packaging quality,  excellent. No issues. Everything looks good. 

The size of the box is large, largest of any of the previous BB. There is significant cost to produce a box like this with the 4color printing inside & out and the diecut inserts for the components. I'm sure that contributed to the higher cost/pricing

I tried the spray fragrance. Lighter scent than I thought it would be - I like it.

The lotion smells good. The hand wash/lotion is very nice.

I will try the soap tmrw. Could not detect much of a scent from the soap until I unwrapped it. I think it's the lightest scent of all the soaps we have tried.

Honored Contributor

Reviews are starting to post on Evine, mostly good. Some complaints about the frgarance spray bottle not being what they showed.

It's very strange they showed those printed bottles as representative of what would be shipped to us. The show I watched with Melissa Minor hosting,, she was gushing about the 'pretty bottles'. Very deceptive esp to use it as a selling point

Honored Contributor

Do they usually offer another bounty box later in the year?  TIA.