Respected Contributor

Re: Beekman Flower Market Bounty Box Review

@ValentinaBon  I checked Evine's and Beekman's Facebook pages to see if there were any remarks about the perfume bottle. None. There were some complaints about having their order changed to 'backorder' and some complaints about delayed shipping. Beekman replied that the orders should have gone out in 2 days and that all the product was in Evine's warehouse so they don't know what happened. 

Also there are no reviews yet on Evine's website. But they're still showing that you can order the bounty box and even go on AD. I thought the bounty box sold out, am I mistaken?

Valued Contributor

@lmt that is interesting but it could be possible they are deleting posts on their facebook? I'd hate to think that but it happens all the time on company's facebook pages. 

And yes, you are correct, the Bounty Box was supposedly sold out and now that more is available could be because of cancellations. I know many were upset with the amount of time is was taking to ship out and were cancelling. I even think some posted on these forums saying they ordered but later cancelled. Maybe that is why it is back in stock? However, if someone's box is backordered, then there should not be any available to order until those are all fullfilled. 

I really do wonder......is this a BB issue, an Evine issue or a bit of both?? All of this is just unacceptable on so many levels.  

Respected Contributor

@ValentinaBon  Deleting negative posts is possible, but I would hope Beekman would address the issue if someone did post about it.

I forgot about people cancelling their order; no wonder they have stock available.  

Respected Contributor

@ValentinaBonwrote:

@Chi-town girlwrote:

@Linmowrote:

IMO the boys had a prototype on air but the actual product was a little different.  I love them and their products, but they always say that they are involved with every aspect of every item and that just can't be true based on their popularity. 

I don't mind a perfume bottle without the decoration.  I was concerned about the lack of intensity of the scent after reading the reviews on the market flower offering last year, although  I don't like strong fragrances.  My hand wash duo will arrive tomorrow and my bounty boxes on Monday.  

Promoting the painted bottles as a selling point and then shipping something less is not cool. It's deceptive.

They should never have shown those special bottles if that was not going to be shipped to us. Why do that - I've not seen another vendor do that especially using it as a selling point. 

I agree @Chi-town girl. The BB were promoting the bottles as a selling point and said that is what we'd be getting. They never said they were showing us a prototype and the items they were showing would NOT be in our box....and why would they have done that anyway? People want to see what they are paying for. It seems to me like bait and switch. I wonder if anyone has contacted Beekman directly to let them know and what they've said about it. 

I am still wondering what the dish looks like of the poster that said it is not what was pictured. I don't really like the checkered pattern so I suppose I'd be happy if it wasnt, ha! 

Also, they did say the dishes were hand painted so I never expected them to look perfect. I am not familar with MC stuff but it sounds like part of the "charm" is the non-perfect look of the items....so it looks handmade vs machine made.

I agree with you both that buyers should receive what is advertised.  Since it was a collaboration between Beekman and MC, it's difficult to point a finger, since we don't know which vendor was responsible for supplying the perfume bottle.  Evine QC should have noticed the error.  Anyone who is unhappy about the perfume bottle design should contact Evine CS.  I'm sure they will either issue a partial credit or offer free return shipping for the entire box.  

Personally, I wouldn't have even noticed the lack of the design on the bottle if it wasn't posted here.  I don't think it's been mentioned in any of the Evine product reviews yet.  I'm more concerned about the scent (or lack of) and the quality of the MC soap dish. 

Valued Contributor

The initial pictures of the bounty box make the spray bottle look labeld with the floral design. When I went to the Beekman site, the bottle is definitely clear with the Beekman name, so don't know what happened with that. A change in design that was unexpected?

Honored Contributor

@luv2drivewrote:

I was excited that I got my box today! Packed very nicely. The scent is very light. But it's okay. Not really sure what I expected.

I wonder if anyone else remembers the doctor showing the spray bottles and saying that they were very pretty and showing the design on them? He gushed over them, so I was anxious to see them in person. Mine is just plain - no decoration at all.

The video for the item doesn't show them talking about the bottles, but in the picture it seems clear to me there was a decoration.  Was mine a fluke or are others getting plain bottles?

I will be keeping mine and hope to enjoy the soaps, etc.

@luv2drive Mine is also plain. I thought that's what I saw they sprayed it. I know the cardboard tube it comes in was pretty packaging like the soap wrappers & labels on other products. I would imagine it would be expensive to put that design on the bottles.

I think they had to keep costs down by using the cheaper clear bottles plus 2 smaller soaps to cover expenses on the more expensive MacKenzie-Childs soap dish. I really like it but I want the one in the next kit. The parchment that was made from the folded letter?

Honored Contributor

@ValentinaBonwrote:

@luv2drive That would bother me about the bottle not having any decoration because yes, they gushed about that and showed the pretty bottles on air. I like my perfumes to be pretty looking. I know that might be silly but it's true. 

What is going on with this?? Taking forever to ship, soap dish not being what was shown, and now plain perfume bottles when the clearly specifically made a point to show the pretty decorated bottles?? 

@ValentinaBon As far as I know my soap dish looks like just what they showed online. I don't know that I would call it a soap dish but it can easily be used for their smaller bars of soap.

Honored Contributor

@luv2drivewrote:

@ValentinaBonwrote:

@luv2drive That would bother me about the bottle not having any decoration because yes, they gushed about that and showed the pretty bottles on air. I like my perfumes to be pretty looking. I know that might be silly but it's true. 

What is going on with this?? Taking forever to ship, soap dish not being what was shown, and not plain perfume bottles?? 

Thank you so much for your post. I'm glad someone else remembered hearing how 'proud' they were of the decoration on the bottle.

I hope others will respond to say if they got a pretty or plain bottle.  If I get a chance, I plan to call Beekman CS tomorrow and see what they say. If not tomorrow, then soon.

@luv2drive

Wow I never noticed that. I thought it was a plain bottle. Probably made them plain for Evine Bounty Boxes & sell the decorated ones in the kit they sell online at Beekman???

Honored Contributor

@lmtwrote:

I also wanted to mention to anyone, like me, who went on AD for this bounty box......

They mentioned on air that the shipping for the subsequent boxes will be only $1.99. 

I made a note so I won't forget. It seems like there were a few glitches with this TTV - delayed shipments and now receiving a plain perfume bottle instead of the floral one.

Just a heads up!

@lmt I will have to watch that since I know they have jacked up the other AD S&H charges before.

Honored Contributor

@ValentinaBonwrote:

@Chi-town girlwrote:

@Linmowrote:

IMO the boys had a prototype on air but the actual product was a little different.  I love them and their products, but they always say that they are involved with every aspect of every item and that just can't be true based on their popularity. 

I don't mind a perfume bottle without the decoration.  I was concerned about the lack of intensity of the scent after reading the reviews on the market flower offering last year, although  I don't like strong fragrances.  My hand wash duo will arrive tomorrow and my bounty boxes on Monday.  

Promoting the painted bottles as a selling point and then shipping something less is not cool. It's deceptive.

They should never have shown those special bottles if that was not going to be shipped to us. Why do that - I've not seen another vendor do that especially using it as a selling point. 

I agree @Chi-town girl. The BB were promoting the bottles as a selling point and said that is what we'd be getting. They never said they were showing us a prototype and the items they were showing would NOT be in our box....and why would they have done that anyway? People want to see what they are paying for. It seems to me like bait and switch. I wonder if anyone has contacted Beekman directly to let them know and what they've said about it. 

I am still wondering what the dish looks like of the poster that said it is not what was pictured. I don't really like the checkered pattern so I suppose I'd be happy if it wasnt, ha! 

Also, they did say the dishes were hand painted so I never expected them to look perfect. I am not familar with MC stuff but it sounds like part of the "charm" is the non-perfect look of the items....so it looks handmade vs machine made.

@ValentinaBon @Linmo @Chi-town girl

My bottle was clear. I just looked on their website. The one they were selling on it's own was also clear. The ones they sell in the bounty box on their site also shows a clear bottle.

They also show the MC soap dish on their website. Mine pretty much looks just like it. I thought it was black/white only. Mine does have some lighter blue & yellow shades brushed thru some of the white areas as you can see on the one on their website.

I like it as I thought it was pretty. I really one that next one though. Maybe I will just order the soap dish & cancel the AD.