Respected Contributor

Beekman Flower Market Bounty Box Review

I'm very surprised that my box came today since it didn't get shipped out until March 24!!

Of course, the box is gorgeous. I hate to throw it away, but I have no idea what I could use it for. Same thing with the travel tin. Hopefully I will think of something.

As someone else mentioned in the other thread, the scent is VERY subtle. I was expecting more of a spring/summer soft floral scent but this reminds me more of a fall scent.

Although I didn't open the soaps, they have the least amount of scent. My opinion might change when I actually use them though, LOL!

The spray is really a generous size; for some reason the bottle looked smaller on TV, so it was a nice surprise to see it was bigger than I expected. Alas, the scent didn't last too long on me. When first applied, it was a little heavier, but it dried down to a softer scent. I can mostly detect the jasmine and bamboo. Here is the description of the spray from Evine's website:

• Top notes of kumquat, lemon and mandarin
  • Middle notes of lotus leaves, jasmine and bamboo
  • Bottom notes of sheer amber, patchouli and musk
  • Essential oils include corn mint, mandarin orange, lemon, patchouli, bitter orange and jasmine

The hand lotion is fantastic, it has always been my favorite product from Beekman. Never greasy, fast absorbing and really takes care of my dry hands. IMO, the hand cream has the strongest smell of all the products.

The soap dish is nice and I think it looks even better in person. Since I use liquid soap to wash my hands, I might fill it with small seashells or maybe potpourri.

So overall, I'm not blown away about the scent. It's nice.....but it just doesn't knock my socks off.

I went on AD so I'm hoping the next two shipments will be better.

Valued Contributor

Re: Beekman Flower Market Bounty Box Review

[ Edited ]

@lmt thanks for starting a new thread for reviews and for your opnions on the box and scent. You can always use the travel tin to carry around sample sized perfumes, qtips, band aids, lip balms, etc so they don't spill out in your travel bags or purse or keep in your car to hold a small first aid kit with bandaids, qtips, maybe small nail trimmer or small pair if scissors?  with it. Or even use it at Christmas time to put a present in it then wrap it up- two presents in one! Kids would love it to store little things in them.   There is alot of things you can do, don't just throw it away! It is too pretty looking for that!

oh and I meant to mention that a host mentioned she was going to use the checkered soap dish as a spoon holder in her kitchen because she only uses liquid soaps. I thought that was a neat idea, however that checkered pattern would not go with my kitchen colors....but I think it would be a great gift for that for my MIL since she has the old soda shop theme going on in her kitchen.

Super Contributor

I was excited that I got my box today! Packed very nicely. The scent is very light. But it's okay. Not really sure what I expected.

I wonder if anyone else remembers the doctor showing the spray bottles and saying that they were very pretty and showing the design on them? He gushed over them, so I was anxious to see them in person. Mine is just plain - no decoration at all.

The video for the item doesn't show them talking about the bottles, but in the picture it seems clear to me there was a decoration.  Was mine a fluke or are others getting plain bottles?

I will be keeping mine and hope to enjoy the soaps, etc.

Original registration date 7/3!/07 post count was 223 until 6/15/15
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luv2drive That would bother me about the bottle not having any decoration because yes, they gushed about that and showed the pretty bottles on air. I like my perfumes to be pretty looking. I know that might be silly but it's true. 

What is going on with this?? Taking forever to ship, soap dish not being what was shown, and now plain perfume bottles when the clearly specifically made a point to show the pretty decorated bottles?? 

Honored Contributor

@lmt - TY for the detailed review! Fragrance is so subjective, I'm sure some will love it, others will dislike it and then there's the middle of the road. 

I will post my thoughts/imoression, anxiously awaiting deliveries tmrw and Thurs

The big box can be used to store your various beauty stash items., I've used a few for gifts (instead of a plain box that is wrapoed) and included non Beekman items. The travel tin can be used in your handbag to carry mints or vitamins/supplements, aspirin.

I too like receiving the series of the BB. If it's something really offensive, no problem,  I will return what we don't like. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@luv2drivewrote:

I was excited that I got my box today! Packed very nicely. The scent is very light. But it's okay. Not really sure what I expected.

I wonder if anyone else remembers the doctor showing the spray bottles and saying that they were very pretty and showing the design on them? He gushed over them, so I was anxious to see them in person. Mine is just plain - no decoration at all.

The video for the item doesn't show them talking about the bottles, but in the picture it seems clear to me there was a decoration.  Was mine a fluke or are others getting plain bottles?

I will be keeping mine and hope to enjoy the soaps, etc.

@luv2drive - I too thought the fragrance bottle had a floral design. 

I know it's in a printed tube similar to how they package the lip balms.

When I zoom in this photo it sure looks like the bottle has a floral design

313-760- Beekman 1802 MacKenzie-Childs 8-Piece Flower Market Goat Milk Bounty Box Collection

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

@ValentinaBonwrote:

@luv2drive That would bother me about the bottle not having any decoration because yes, they gushed about that and showed the pretty bottles on air. I like my perfumes to be pretty looking. I know that might be silly but it's true. 

What is going on with this?? Taking forever to ship, soap dish not being what was shown, and not plain perfume bottles?? 

Thank you so much for your post. I'm glad someone else remembered hearing how 'proud' they were of the decoration on the bottle.

I hope others will respond to say if they got a pretty or plain bottle.  If I get a chance, I plan to call Beekman CS tomorrow and see what they say. If not tomorrow, then soon.

Super Contributor

@Chi-town girl, thanks so much for posting the picture! I think it clearly shows that the bottle itself has a decoration on it, but during one of the shows was when I really realized it - they specifically called out how pretty it was.

You're right about the tube - it does have the design and is pretty. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@luv2drivewrote:

@Chi-town girl, thanks so much for posting the picture! I think it clearly shows that the bottle itself has a decoration on it, but during one of the shows was when I really realized it - they specifically called out how pretty it was.

You're right about the tube - it does have the design and is pretty. Woman LOL

@luv2drive - this is so odd.  @sommertime also rec'd her order and she rec'd a different dish. Yes, please do call Evine and Beekman. They should either offer to adjust pricing, send the correct items or pay the return charges

Respected Contributor

@ValentinaBon  I won't throw the tin away, it IS too pretty. Maybe I'll use it to keep change in for my car. Smiley Happy