Valued Contributor

Re: Beekman Doorbuster Tonight (11/13/15)

I ordered the fresh cream, vanilla set and was really disppointed by the scent. The soap had hardly any, and the hand cream scent lingered so long that I put some on my hands and arms before bed and it was just as strong the next morning, all through that day, and even the morning after that. I don't find the scent to be pleasant and I love vanilla. There's no sweetness to it, and it's a linear scent that didn't change and it became cloying and gave me a headache. I think it's the sandalwood I don't like in it. I wanted a sweeter, more whipped cream type vanilla. I was also disppointed the hand lotion had silicones and mineral oil in it. The hand wash was nice but had the same scent I wasn't fond of.

I do love the soap though as it's so moisturizing. I really wish they would do a sampler of 6-8 of the scents in 4 oz. bars to try, or even more varieties in 2 oz. hand soap size. It's not economical to buy the bars one at a time, and buying 4 bars in a scent you might not like takes away the enjoyment of using the soap.

I don't know how long the bath products have been around but the company is relatively new, and I was rather surprised at how many product lines they have in place from furniture, all types of food products, books, magazines, clothing etc. This is becoming more of a business empire than the folksy country general store they wish to portray. Good for them. I hope they don't change the founding concept along the way!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Blondelle wrote:

I ordered the fresh cream, vanilla set and was really disppointed by the scent. The soap had hardly any, and the hand cream scent lingered so long that I put some on my hands and arms before bed and it was just as strong the next morning, all through that day, and even the morning after that. I don't find the scent to be pleasant and I love vanilla. There's no sweetness to it, and it's a linear scent that didn't change and it became cloying and gave me a headache. I think it's the sandalwood I don't like in it. I wanted a sweeter, more whipped cream type vanilla. I was also disppointed the hand lotion had silicones and mineral oil in it. The hand wash was nice but had the same scent I wasn't fond of.

I do love the soap though as it's so moisturizing. I really wish they would do a sampler of 6-8 of the scents in 4 oz. bars to try, or even more varieties in 2 oz. hand soap size. It's not economical to buy the bars one at a time, and buying 4 bars in a scent you might not like takes away the enjoyment of using the soap.

I don't know how long the bath products have been around but the company is relatively new, and I was rather surprised at how many product lines they have in place from furniture, all types of food products, books, magazines, clothing etc. This is becoming more of a business empire than the folksy country general store they wish to portray. Good for them. I hope they don't change the founding concept along the way!

They've had their shop for at least a few years (4+) now so not super new. The only reason some think they are so new is because it has only been since earlier this year that they debuted on Evine but they've been selling things online long before then. All of their products are made by local artisans still.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

I am new to this line but love everything about what the company stands for. I got the Honeyed Grapefruit Gift Collection. I'm keeping the hand cream and face wipes for me and gifting the rest. $38.12 is a great price but the $6.99 shipping isn't a deal. image.jpeg

I wanted to try the hand wash and lotion set too but wasn't quick enough. 

I received this today!

I used the shower gel & like it. Nice scent. It is not, however, a "wake-me-up" fragrance for me.  I think the honey mellows the grapefruit a bit. I'm looking forward to trying the other products. I already have & love the grapefruit honey balm. 

Respected Contributor

@willdob3

Thank you so much for the sneak peek on the scent.  Like you I think of citrus as an invigorating fragrance.  I am particularly in love with grapefruit.  Even if it is mellowed, does the grapefruit still come through?

Valued Contributor

Are we permitted to post coupon codes for other sites?  Probably stupid to ask, but I am.  I have one for Evine to share.  Thanks.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a coupon to another site.

Honored Contributor

@Jen44 wrote:

Are we permitted to post coupon codes for other sites?  Probably stupid to ask, but I am.  I have one for Evine to share.  Thanks.

No. So I guess you posted it & it got deleted. You can say what the coupon is for & where it can be found just cannot post the code itself. Like find it on Facebook or Evine etc.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Don't forget to set your alarm for their show in the morning. It's on at 6 am central time on 11-26. I'm not looking forward to getting up that early but I will to see what Beekman has to offer.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Jen44 wrote:

No. So I guess you posted it & it got deleted. You can say what the coupon is for & where it can be found just cannot post the code itself. Like find it on Facebook or Evine etc.

No, @Nightowlz, that was me.  I thought of a clever way to post it, but I guess the moderator didn't like it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Jen44 wrote:

No, @Nightowlz, that was me.  I thought of a clever way to post it, but I guess the moderator didn't like it.  

Can you tell me where to find it? I see Evine has $10 off today with their card. Is that it? Off to buy something. LOL!!! Just found 15% off until the 1st on Evine's Facebook page. Good on multiple purchases. Hope they have free or reduced shipping in the morning. Thanks. I'm sure you were talking about one of them. I'm going to take advantage of both. I'm going to use the $10 off on the variety bar soap & send it to my sister for Christmas. I know she will use those but probably would not use everything in their kits.

You don't have to use Facebook to find it. Go to Evine's site & click on the FB icon to take you to their page where you can find it.