Respected Contributor

wrote:

This mineral oil claim was brought up a while back.  Beekman did reply, and said it was labeled on older packaging.  They claim it is not in their current products.   This claim is here in older posts, if anyone wants to read it. You'll have to do a search.   Personally I don't know what the truth is, but I would write to them on their website, and ask.  I've gotten good, timely, responses about other topics.    Also, so far I'm very pleased with most products, some are just ok...nothing ever disappointed me..like many, many other lines.  I DO pay attention to ingredients. 

I just checked my tubes of ylang hand cream...they do contain C13-14...while it's a derivative of mineral oil...its said to be safe on humans.  It's low on the deck.  I purchased these right before Christmas,  so, yes, new packaging.   I would say it's up to the buyer...if a small amount brothers you, then don't buy.  I can't comment on whether this a dishonest claim on Beekmans end, or whether it's excusable being C13-14...i really don't know...but I sure hope these guys do what they claim.  As for myself, If like certain ingredients I'll buy...especially when I'm liking their products.   I highly doubt, ANY of these venders are 100% honest.

Honored Contributor

it is not a question of whether it is safe for humans, it is about their dishonesty on the air. If you use it, dont say you dont. Instead they stand up there and say how it is the cheapest ingredient on the market and just sits on top of the skin.

Trusted Contributor

Heard them say it wasn't in the lip balms but really didn't pay attention if they made the statement  about other products.  Love their bar soap, hand soap and lotion, and body creams.  First year - no detergent hands , or itchy legs and arms.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

wrote:

Heard them say it wasn't in the lip balms but really didn't pay attention if they made the statement  about other products.  Love their bar soap, hand soap and lotion, and body creams.  First year - no detergent hands , or itchy legs and arms.

@twocent I love their soaps so much, they can put goat krap in it for all I care.  I'd still buy it. 

Honored Contributor
I do agree they should be accurate. Although it is not in some products, they shouldn't say "all".
Trusted Contributor

I had a bad reaction to a facial product by Olay.  It was my first time trying this newer product, but I  have used Olay facial  moisturizer for years and have never had a problem.  When this reaction occurred my face turned beet red, my skin flaked and was dry as the desert and boy did it itch.  I tried philosophy  purity, nope, burned.  I even tried plain water to ease my discomfort, nope.  Finally I  tried using one of beekmans  bar soaps on a small section of my face and the relief was instantaneous!  I will be forever a fan.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

I can't get passed the fact their products are made with goat milk.  Doesn't appeal to me at all. 

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@twocent I love their soaps so much, they can put goat krap in it for all I care.  I'd still buy it.    

lol   Bet you eat the goat krap candy too !     I would if I had some right about now !!     I have an order of Beekman processing right now , but I also have my medical/life insurance paid up so all is well. Smiley Happy  Had I not started using Beekman , I was going to scratch myself to death anyhoo.  No Winter sandpaper skin !

Trusted Contributor

Re: Beekman Dishonesty

[ Edited ]

wrote:

I can't get passed the fact their products are made with goat milk.  Doesn't appeal to me at all. 

If I can put cow's milk in my glass or in  food, I can surely put goat milk on my skin- but I would have no interest in drinking a nice cold glass.   lol

Honored Contributor

Years ago, some doctors recommended goat milk for babies who seemed not to tolerate cow's milk very well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland