Honored Contributor

I never understood the excitement about this line....so been there done  that...more lotion...more soap....so dull.  And goats in reality STINK TO HIGH HEAVEN... nothing cute about a filthy goat....

Contributor

The farm is about an hour from me also.  I drove past their store in Sharon Springs.  It is a beautifully renovated old building on the main street.  Sharon Springs is a very tiny village in the western part of upstate NY.  It is a beautiful area.

However, the amount of product that is being sold doesn't seem to match the neighborly farm community pitch.  There must be a huge company manufacturing the products somewhere.  It is not in Sharon Springs that's for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beekman Disappointment

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle 

Every time I read "donkey milk" I just have to laugh.

First, who is milking those little donkeys?

While I use many Korres products, I'd be happier knowing they left the donkeys to just being donkeys.

I don't know the back story, so maybe it all makes sense but...I'm passing on the donkey milk products.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I never understood the excitement about this line....so been there done  that...more lotion...more soap....so dull.  And goats in reality STINK TO HIGH HEAVEN... nothing cute about a filthy goat....

We humans would STINK TO HIGH HEAVEN,too, if groups of us were kept in pens walking in our feces and urine. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Occasional Contributor
And yes I believe it too - we never ever can see their warehouse and how they make this goat milk stuff they only show you the little shop and decorate it. I want to see the actual making of this product I’m putting on my skin
Occasional Contributor
Exactly it’s in Florida and they won’t show us inside the warehouse. I’ve been asking over and over can we see the actual making of the products. Like you use to show us in the beginning how you started. Let’s see how’s it’s going now. They won’t show and how is the goat milk preserved?
Respected Contributor
The Beekman boys have made it no secret they buy milk from other goat farms.

I put tons of stuff on my skin and in my body that I’ve never seen made. I don’t even care.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I do, too.  Got some of their products for my birthday and hated them.  Nothing special.  I, too, wondered how many goats they have?  Must be thousands to make all that stuff.  

Honored Contributor

I am sure they, as well as other goat milk product manufactures, use powdered goat's milk in making their products.

Also, in keeping it real, goat milk farmers have no need for males on the farm, but pregnant females give birth to males at least half of the time.

So what they do with the males?  No one is gonna feed and keep males goats just because they are cute.  They more than likely are destroyed or sold off for meat.

As was recently announced, they sold their business.  I guess it was all about the money, not about the goats or the consumers.

I turn the channel when these two clowns are on.  I don't buy their story.