Honored Contributor

First, when you say "TS" do you mean QVC's "Today's Special Value" or HSN's "Today's Special"?

And, I'm not sure they advertise the TSV as the lowest price it can be.  I have always heard that associated with the One Time Only type values.  And even then they only say it's the lowest price it will be for the next six months.

I also have seen TSVs repeated at lower prices than when they originally were presented.

Trusted Contributor

I have always heard it is the lowest price in 6 months, so to honor a price from a year ago, while I understand your frustration, good luck with that.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beekman Deal Not Fair

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Ladygray  QVC is all about making money and that's it.  Think about how much they make when people return an item.  What I think is a total rip off is charging shipping for each item in the order.  I don't know anyone else that does that -- it must be a shopping network thing.  I am sorry that happened to you.  It seems as the rules change when it's convenient.

@Katcat1  How much do they make on returns?  The customer has the option of paying up front or using the prepaid label which pays the postage for the return. The USPS gets that money.  Maybe there's a deal between them, and QVC isn't charged that much.  I don't know. 

do know I have returned some things that would have cost me more than $6.95 if I paid up front. And I was glad to have the label. HSN doesn't always give you a label and you have no choice.  Let's hope the Q doesn't go that route. 

eta...I agree it seems unfair to charge individual shipping and send all items together.  But depending on the items, the actual cost to mail that entire order may be more than was charged. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda  Original shipping charges are not returned when you return somethhing.  Also, you pay the $6.95 return shipping which may have cost the Q a lot less.  At one time before the USPS raised their rates, the $6.95 was no bargain in some cases.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@esmerelda  Original shipping charges are not returned when you return somethhing.  Also, you pay the $6.95 return shipping which may have cost the Q a lot less.  At one time before the USPS raised their rates, the $6.95 was no bargain in some cases.

@Katcat1  Original shipping charges should not be returned. It was nice when they were, but that money paid for shipping that got your purchase to you. You paid for shipping and your item was shipped. 

I don't know what all the rates are, but keep in mind the $6.95 pays for everything that goes into getting your purchase to you...labor, supplies (boxes, bags, etc.), and the carrier. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

I noticed the same thing, but am keeping mine the way it was as I want the Pure Goat Milk and I see that is not an option.  Plus I like the 6 easy pays.

Hope they can adjust it for you once it is shipped.

Honored Contributor

You can refuse the shipment, but that might mean a trip to the post office for you.  Then with any luck at all, you will get your credit.  

Super Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

I have always heard it is the lowest price in 6 months, so to honor a price from a year ago, while I understand your frustration, good luck with that.

It wasn't a year ago, it was less than 6 months ago.

Valued Contributor

I am not on this auto ship but I feel your pain and I would try to call CS for a credit. 

Since they only have the assorted choice available for the Big Deal, it seems like this is more of a Clearance price than a Big Deal. So I wonder how many Big Deals are actually a clearance price in disguise? Has anyone noticed this on other items?

Frequent Contributor
A TSV price isn’t a lifelong commitment, they say it’s a year or 6 months, I forget which, where there won’t be a lesser price.