Respected Contributor

Re: Beekman Cleaning Products

I'm not buying the laundry soap, but I did purchase the Multi Surface Cleaner,  Thought Id give it a try.

Respected Contributor

Goat Milk Stuff 160 loads of laundry soap is still cheaper than Beekman's.  It's $44 (.27) a load and no shipping.  If you want to make your own the bar you grate and add the borax, etc is $7.50. Makes 64 loads.

Honored Contributor

Keep in mind, directions say one scoop of laundry soap is for front loaders, top loaders use 1 to 2 scoops.

Honored Contributor

I use Nellies washing  soda for my wash--got a 500 wash bucket for $50 last March--does a great job. I use Beekman skin cleansing cloths which I love but not interested in any of the rest--not very "neighborly" is it???!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl I was not able to find any coupons I could use on Beekman. You would have thought they would have reduced shipping.

If they put refills in plastic bags at a lower price it will sell better. You can make your own or buy goats milk laundry soap for less then the Beekman.

I used to make my own goats milk laundry soap. I started using Nellies. Our clothes look clean. They are so soft no using it along with the wool dryer balls. Clothes are no longer full of laundry soap after rinsing.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Keep in mind, directions say one scoop of laundry soap is for front loaders, top loaders use 1 to 2 scoops.

Thanks for the reminder.  I've had an HE machine I forget about how much more soap you need for regular machines.

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I use Nellies washing  soda for my wash--got a 500 wash bucket for $50 last March--does a great job. I use Beekman skin cleansing cloths which I love but not interested in any of the rest--not very "neighborly" is it???!!! 

LOL!  I don't find their prices very "neighborly" either.

Valued Contributor

I use Dollar Tree detergents. But they seemed a bit watered down compared to my favourite grocery soap, Gain. I have to use more per wash. My math didn't show Beekman to be much worse than other products. I may try some later.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Chi-town girl I was not able to find any coupons I could use on Beekman. You would have thought they would have reduced shipping.

If they put refills in plastic bags at a lower price it will sell better. You can make your own or buy goats milk laundry soap for less then the Beekman.

I used to make my own goats milk laundry soap. I started using Nellies. Our clothes look clean. They are so soft no using it along with the wool dryer balls. Clothes are no longer full of laundry soap after rinsing.

@Nightowlz - I haven't tried Nellies soap but we use the dryer balls. Didn't think about adding essential oils.

The Beekman AD refill orders for the laundry soap will be shipped in a plastic bag, but why isn't the pricing lower since you don't get another tin container?????

I don't understand Evine pricing strategy,, they certainly don't offer incentives for repeat purchasing or buying multiples of the same items...

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Got the Nellies 500 load TS for $49.95.  The Happy Place detergent pricing is just too high IMO.