Trusted Contributor

Re: Beekman Boys travel sized assorted soaps & more new goodies!

@Jeannie29 wrote:

@HappyDaze I placed my order 7/21 with EDD of 8/1. Most orders from other companies show up a couple days early, so I was really expecting it to arrive by 7/30 so I was shocked that it didn't even ship until probably today!

I'm still waiting for my orders also.  My mother finally received the TTV of the bar soaps - no clue where the rest of our orders are.  My EDD was also 8/1 and the supervisor on Friday told me they were doing 2 day express shipping for outstanding orders in order to make the date - didn't happen.  The orders still shipped pony express.  Evine has provided "inconvenience" credit, but I am not shopping there any time soon.  I wish I could say never, but I know myself better than that.  Just glad Dimitri and the boys won't be back for a little while. 

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

What I don't understand about the complaints of the bars being small, they have the sizes of the bars on the page details as well as on my initial post. The few shows I watched they also mentioned the size and showed them next to their original sized bars for comparison. They also call them "travel sized" in the name of the TTV so that too is an indictation of size. Honestly, no one really should have been surprised at the size.

@HappyDaze ITA. The travel size bars are 3.5 oz & their large bars are 9 oz. That tells me they are about 1/3 the size as the large one. I have bought 4 & 5 oz bars of soap so I know the size. I prefer the larger ones for the price. I know they are a little big but it does not take long using it before it's easier to hold. You can also cut the large bar in half. I can see the travel size nice to give as gifts or so you can try the different scents before buying the large bars. 

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

oh my gosh my beekman got here a day early (UPS delivered it instead of handing it off to USPS thankfully!)!

Anyway, the bar scents are all meshed together since they are all packed in a small box but I've laid them out and they are already retaining their individual scents so no worries there. LOVE the ylang ylang saop ( we ove the scent of the liquid hand soap and hubby has been asking for a bar soap in it).

I love that they kept all the original packaging for each scent and they will look fabulous in my guest bathroom for guests to choose a scent they want. The ylang ylang packaging is very Victorian and beautiful! They will also definitely fit in nicely in gift baskets I make for friends and family for the holidays. I hope they keep this gift set around, actually. We personally prefer the bigger bars for ourselves but for guest bathrooms and gifts, these work best.

Jury still is out for the Fresh Air scent. Just a few quick sniffs and I do smell a strong lemon scent. Luckily it isn't like the type of Lemon Pledge scent though. I willl have to wait to see if the scent grows on me or not. I do plan on gifting a few pieces of the kit regardless but whether or not I purchase more of this scent, only time will tell!

I am definitely happy with these and glad I got two. I wish they would have lowered s/h as I would have certainly ordered 2-3 more sets.

@HappyDaze Wow I'm surprised you smell a strong lemon scent since I thought it was rather light & not as noticeable until I applied the body lotion all over after showering with the shower gel. After showering & applying the lotion I did not notice much scent not long after using it. I really like it.

Honored Contributor

The new Beekman Fresh Air kit had a little clip on the pump bottles so the pump could not pop up. This kept the bottles from leaking. Hopefully Beekman will put this on all their products that have a pump on them. I have received the body washes leaking all over.

This is not one of the Beekman bottles but you can see the clip on it under the pump that you have to remove to pop open the pump.

Lotion-Pump-with-clip-24-410-LPA24.jpg_200x200.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz I should say regarding the lemon scent, that is just a whiff straight from the bottle. I am going to use the body wash for hand wash so I will be able to get a better idea if it really is as strong as I first smelled. It does have a nice crisp fresh scent to it too though, not all just lemon.

Respected Contributor

I finally got my Beekman travel soaps today, it's been almost two weeks since I ordered them.  I'm very pleased with them and used the Honey-Orange Blossom.  They're really just the right size and I do want to try the different scents to see which ones I like the best and then I'll order the larger size next time.  I

Honored Contributor

i received my two kits today that were supposedly waitlisted/backordered.

they were the apricot honey tea set (which i have ordered before) and the fresh air set. i LOVE the fresh air!!!! i dont smell a strong lemon smell, but definitely a very clean, fresh smell that is not strong at all. this is a great gender neutral scent that would work well for a man.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Woo-hoo. My last 2 orders came today. Still one more out there going to mom. These were very nicely packed with each kit in separate boxes within 1 box. Even had bubble wrap and no leakage. Finally. Now I just have to tackle my refunds on the returned orders. 

Trusted Contributor

After my order was two days late, I checked with customer service. They refunded my shipping, which was nice!  I've had a chance to use for a couple days and I really like the soaps!  Nice lather with a soft scent. Thanks again for the recommendation!

Honored Contributor

@Jeannie29 wrote:

After my order was two days late, I checked with customer service. They refunded my shipping, which was nice!  I've had a chance to use for a couple days and I really like the soaps!  Nice lather with a soft scent. Thanks again for the recommendation!

Yay!