Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beekman Boys travel sized assorted soaps & more new goodies!

@nycgrl wrote:

@BlingQueen022 - can I ask you a question?  I think you ordered the Beekman body butter duo if I remember correctly?  Were your jars sealed?  I'm asking because mine were not, but when I read the reviews one reviewer thanked them for the jars being sealed - again - concerned about receiving someone's return.  

@nycgrl Sorry for the delay in answering, I'm at work.  I did receive the body butter duo and they weren't sealed under the cap.  It was just a screw off cap on the jar, nothing else.  Wonder if the reviewer got that mixed up with another product she ordered?  I can tell you right now that both of my jars when first opened even though it didn't have a seal was perfectly placed the cream.  there would be no way somebody tried to pass it off as new if they used it.  Just the way the cream was in both jars you have to be a magician to get them that good and new looking.  I think that reviewer must of gotten confused with another product.  I just can't believe that those jars were sealed first.  Sometimes these reviewers will say anything to get a rise out of people. 

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@nycgrl wrote:

Still waiting on my Beekman orders also.  I received the TTV of the soaps and I had also ordered a couple other items.  One order was the 3 bottles of body lotion - well what a fiasco that was - the lotions were not sealed and the caps were popped and the lotion was all over and stunk to high heaven.  I dropped it in the mail box back to them this morning with a not so nice note.  I am still waiting on 4 orders - 2 of which were sent to my mother and have been lost in transit.  I don't blame Evine for the postal service, but I do blame them for their shipping and lack of quality control especially on cosmetic items. It is disconcerting that my items were already opened and those pop tops didn't open themselves!  

That is really unacceptable! I haven't ordered much from Evine and yeah, sometimes the products are just thrown in the box without any bubble wrap or anything. Fortunately, I haven't had any issues (that I remember!) with leaking (I have with QVC though). The beekman products I got that could leak were always in the bounty box which has them secured down and the liquid hand soaps I bought were fine. I think I just got lucky though. During transit, things jiggle around too much and tops get loose so if they don't secure them, it will get costly for them to replace or refund. Maybe some day they will learn. Smiley Sad

I've had leaks with the hand wash and lotion caddies, but I'm sure that was because they were just thrown in a box with no protection as you mentioned.  All my other items like the bounty boxes have been fine. This is the first time there have been multiple problems on multiple orders. 

Honored Contributor

@nycgrl wrote:

I've had leaks with the hand wash and lotion caddies, but I'm sure that was because they were just thrown in a box with no protection as you mentioned.  All my other items like the bounty boxes have been fine. This is the first time there have been multiple problems on multiple orders. 

The only hand wash/lotion caddie I've ordered leaked.  When I called CS I was told they have many calls about leakage.  I was offered a price reduction (I can't remember how much, maybe $10) or I could return it on their dime but the Heirloom Violet was sold out. I chose the price reduction. 

Both my sister and I are on the seasonal Bounty Box.  Her summer box had leakage.  Because I ordered it as a gift for her, I was told she should return it and mark it damaged.  She chose to keep it.  When I asked about a price reduction I was told they only do this once for a customer.  The rep said when this happens more than once, how do they know the customer is just trying to get a reduction.  I told her I found that insulting and if this were true, I would have called about the 2 Spring and 1 other Summer boxes we received.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@nycgrl wrote:

The only hand wash/lotion caddie I've ordered leaked.  When I called CS I was told they have many calls about leakage.  I was offered a price reduction (I can't remember how much, maybe $10) or I could return it on their dime but the Heirloom Violet was sold out. I chose the price reduction. 

Both my sister and I are on the seasonal Bounty Box.  Her summer box had leakage.  Because I ordered it as a gift for her, I was told she should return it and mark it damaged.  She chose to keep it.  When I asked about a price reduction I was told they only do this once for a customer.  The rep said when this happens more than once, how do they know the customer is just trying to get a reduction.  I told her I found that insulting and if this were true, I would have called about the 2 Spring and 1 other Summer boxes we received.

I have never been offered a price reduction - only told to send it back.  And these last few orders because there have been back to back problems, CS made me feel like I was trying to pull one over on them.  They should only check to see how much $$$ I spent.  I don't need to go through all that hassle for a few dollars.  It is more inconvenient for me to take time out of my work day to go to the post office with these boxes.  I don't order what I don't want or plan to keep.  It is truly insulting although I'm sure there are those situations and it's probably hard to determine who's who.  Which is exactly why I took the extra time to call corporate and Beekman direct.  

I also have 2 of the bounty boxes on auto-delivery - 1 for me and 1 for my mom.  That was another problem - I was supposed to receive summer, but it was another spring which I don't like.  I didn't say a thing - I just sent it back this morning marked "wrong item".  I'll fight for my "full" refund another day.  Evine's problems go well beyond just shipping.  I just hope the balance of my orders arrive in good condition since they are already past my expected delivery date.  Nevermind my mother's orders which are "lost in transit".  Glad she isn't expecting anything - they were supposed to be a nice "surprise".  The nightmare is never ending.

Esteemed Contributor

@nycgrl my goodness when it rains , it pours... definitely some bad juju. I'll meet you after work and I'm buyin! 

Honored Contributor

oh my gosh my beekman got here a day early (UPS delivered it instead of handing it off to USPS thankfully!)!

Anyway, the bar scents are all meshed together since they are all packed in a small box but I've laid them out and they are already retaining their individual scents so no worries there. LOVE the ylang ylang saop ( we ove the scent of the liquid hand soap and hubby has been asking for a bar soap in it).

I love that they kept all the original packaging for each scent and they will look fabulous in my guest bathroom for guests to choose a scent they want. The ylang ylang packaging is very Victorian and beautiful! They will also definitely fit in nicely in gift baskets I make for friends and family for the holidays. I hope they keep this gift set around, actually. We personally prefer the bigger bars for ourselves but for guest bathrooms and gifts, these work best.

Jury still is out for the Fresh Air scent. Just a few quick sniffs and I do smell a strong lemon scent. Luckily it isn't like the type of Lemon Pledge scent though. I willl have to wait to see if the scent grows on me or not. I do plan on gifting a few pieces of the kit regardless but whether or not I purchase more of this scent, only time will tell!

I am definitely happy with these and glad I got two. I wish they would have lowered s/h as I would have certainly ordered 2-3 more sets.

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze I placed my order 7/21 with EDD of 8/1. Most orders from other companies show up a couple days early, so I was really expecting it to arrive by 7/30 so I was shocked that it didn't even ship until probably today!

Honored Contributor

@nycgrl wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

@nycgrl wrote:

I have never been offered a price reduction - only told to send it back.  And these last few orders because there have been back to back problems, CS made me feel like I was trying to pull one over on them.  They should only check to see how much $$$ I spent.  I don't need to go through all that hassle for a few dollars.  It is more inconvenient for me to take time out of my work day to go to the post office with these boxes.  I don't order what I don't want or plan to keep.  It is truly insulting although I'm sure there are those situations and it's probably hard to determine who's who.  Which is exactly why I took the extra time to call corporate and Beekman direct.  

I also have 2 of the bounty boxes on auto-delivery - 1 for me and 1 for my mom.  That was another problem - I was supposed to receive summer, but it was another spring which I don't like.  I didn't say a thing - I just sent it back this morning marked "wrong item".  I'll fight for my "full" refund another day.  Evine's problems go well beyond just shipping.  I just hope the balance of my orders arrive in good condition since they are already past my expected delivery date.  Nevermind my mother's orders which are "lost in transit".  Glad she isn't expecting anything - they were supposed to be a nice "surprise".  The nightmare is never ending.

@nycgrl - very disappointed to read about your Evine experience.  I had one quality situation with Evine orders, the Beekman goat milk wipes when they 1st were introduced.  Called CS and they gave me a partial credit since I wanted to keep the soaps from the kit and they told me to toss the wipes. But then I read that most customers calling with the same problem (wipes smelled like spoiled milk) shortly after the 1st group of us called were denied partial credits. Eventually The Beekman company stepped in to help resolve complaints.  

By treating all customer complaints as if everyone was trying to take advantage is very shortsighted. And clearly there are major warehouse issues.  It's causing me to think twice before placing any new orders.

What's more 'costly', losing a longer term customer or losing $ on refunds? They want the problem orders returned, so they have to refund shipping both ways and really ticking off customers, losing trust and future biz.  

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

What I don't understand about the complaints of the bars being small, they have the sizes of the bars on the page details as well as on my initial post. The few shows I watched they also mentioned the size and showed them next to their original sized bars for comparison. They also call them "travel sized" in the name of the TTV so that too is an indictation of size. Honestly, no one really should have been surprised at the size.

i didnt find the bars to be overly small......actually a bit bigger than i expected after hearing the "complaints." they are the perfect size for travel or for next to the sink.  the larger bars are great for the shower or bathtub. i like all of the scents EXCEPT for the rose, so those will definitely be gifted. i have always found their rose scent to be overpowering.

for those who had some leakage in the boxes, if you want to keep the products always call and they will usually give you a refund (most of the time they will refund the shipping plus 10 percent off of the price.) i have had thiis happen a few times with the caddy sets i have ordered. not tons of leakage, but enough to be a bit of a mess. i just dont get why they dont seal their products.

my daughters opened my storage cabinet in the bathroom and saw all of those soaps. they laughed and said "mom you said you were not buying any more beekman for a while....you promised!" LOL, i just laughed and told them that the goats get me every time. Smiley LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

What I don't understand about the complaints of the bars being small, they have the sizes of the bars on the page details as well as on my initial post. The few shows I watched they also mentioned the size and showed them next to their original sized bars for comparison. They also call them "travel sized" in the name of the TTV so that too is an indictation of size. Honestly, no one really should have been surprised at the size.

i didnt find the bars to be overly small......actually a bit bigger than i expected after hearing the "complaints." they are the perfect size for travel or for next to the sink.  the larger bars are great for the shower or bathtub. i like all of the scents EXCEPT for the rose, so those will definitely be gifted. i have always found their rose scent to be overpowering.

for those who had some leakage in the boxes, if you want to keep the products always call and they will usually give you a refund (most of the time they will refund the shipping plus 10 percent off of the price.) i have had thiis happen a few times with the caddy sets i have ordered. not tons of leakage, but enough to be a bit of a mess. i just dont get why they dont seal their products.

my daughters opened my storage cabinet in the bathroom and saw all of those soaps. they laughed and said "mom you said you were not buying any more beekman for a while....you promised!" LOL, i just laughed and told them that the goats get me every time. Smiley LOL

LOL @sunshine45 cute story! Those goats are quite cute and hard to resist, aren't they! Giving A Wink Smiley Face, Emoticon