Respected Contributor

@Bibione wrote:

Got the TSV of course and I am happy the box is so nice and sturdy so we can use it forever.

They said they have more boxes coming for the holidays.If you bought from Evine previously,were the boxes always so cute?

———————————

@Bibione Yes, their packaging is stellar. I’ve purchased their three holiday bounty boxes and still use the boxes. They often enclose smaller gift boxes inside as well.

Trusted Contributor

Okay, I have to ask. What do you all use the boxes for after all the product is gone? I'm not into product packaging so I have no clue how they'd be used. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Beekman 1802

[ Edited ]

I don't know why the Beekman boys have decided to offer "assorted scents" on the TS offerings but I bought the TS during the 1st visit.  Many of us can use only "unscented" which is the "pure" soap.

During the presentation they say they aren't heavy scented...I should have known better!   Ugh, the soaps are too scented for me ... I'm really annoyed I wasted $50 on things I can't use😾.  

I've been tempted to call & return to HSN since I tried one soap -- (ylang ylang) ...it is highly scented.  I have the box sitting in my closet with one open soap and it smells like a "perfume store" 😳 The other ones are still in the box.

Live and learn ... I won't buy anything else from them.  I know they say everything is the same, but, I clearly see a difference from my first body cream many years ago (Evine) to the one in the TS box.

Respected Contributor

Scent is very personal.  I opened the Ylang/Ylang and Tuberose scent recently and found it to be very softly scented.   I wished it had more fragrance.  Don't know how the body cream or hand cream will smell.

As for the boxes,  depending upon the size,  I've used varoius brands collectors boxes to store button, stamps and labels, check books and deposit slips, etc.   If the boxes are small,  I use them on my dresser for jewelry overnight.  If the boxes are larger,  I use them to keep my current open selection of body creams or hand lotions so they are neatly contained and don't mar the furniture.  I don't look for the boxes when purchasing the products,  but if the boxes are included I can often find a use for them.   I don't 'save' the boxes,  I try to put them to use for something.

The new box might work for storing tea bags.  I think it might be a good size and look nice enough.   That assumes it doesn't have any residual fragrance from the products.

Respected Contributor

I received my TS from last week.  The presentattion is lovely.  I'm familiar with all the scents so I did not open any. (in case I decide to gift them.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  I also opened the Ylang Ylang and thought it was TOO scented.  But I didn't want to wasted.  So, I cut the soap into 4 parts.  And I use just one tiny section and put the rest in a ziplock bag.  I find that with the soap cut into tiny part, it is not too strong anymore.  And once it goes on the body, it is just a light scent. And I am growing to like it.  You can either try it this way, or return it.

If you end up not using them and not returning them, with the soap cut into small pieces, you can always use it as guest soaps. (It gives out nice scent for the bathroom).

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007

good idea but even just washing my hands the scent is too lingering.

The ts is still sitting in the box and frankly, i don't think it's returnable now.  of course, i didn't open or use anything else except that 1 bar.

I ordered the philosophy 2 pack amazing grace for a gift. YUCK it's terribly strong...I can smell it through the packaging & not what I remember it smelling like many years ago☹️

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@homedecor1  I also opened the Ylang Ylang and thought it was TOO scented.  But I didn't want to wasted.  So, I cut the soap into 4 parts.  And I use just one tiny section and put the rest in a ziplock bag.  I find that with the soap cut into tiny part, it is not too strong anymore.  And once it goes on the body, it is just a light scent. And I am growing to like it.  You can either try it this way, or return it.

If you end up not using them and not returning them, with the soap cut into small pieces, you can always use it as guest soaps. (It gives out nice scent for the bathroom).

That's a good idea @momoftwo2007.  If a soap bar is too strong, use it for air freshner for the guest bathroom!  I like that.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I don't find their soap to heavily scented, in fact my new favorite is the Fig. Oh, I love the Fig, and of course the pure, Vanilla absolute, and on and on. The 1 scent I really did not care for was the white water, so I gave that to my brother. 

Respected Contributor
I don't find the soap to be heavily scented either. I wonder if the chemicals in the water have something to do with it?