Regular Contributor

Beekman 1802 soaps & lotions

I don't understand how the Beekman soaps & lotions made it into clean beauty when the use Tetrasodium EDTA in their products. Maybe it's a small amount, but it should not be in there at all if the product is classfied clean beauty. This is just my opinion, Im sure many will disagree with me. But i don't feel the chemical is healthy for anyone.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Beekman 1802 soaps & lotions

Beekman products are superior to any product on QVC including Josi Maran

Respected Contributor

Here is a quote from an article on Clean Beauty on Popsugar's site.

In a word: it's practically nonexistent. The FDA doesn't define the term "clean" (or "green," "natural," or "organic," for that matter) in the context of cosmetics labeling or ingredients, which means virtually anything can be deemed as such — whether it's harmful or not.

"There is no official definition for 'clean' as it pertains to skin care [editor's note: or makeup and hair care] products, and different companies may use it referring to different things," said dermatologist Francesca Fusco, MD. "When I ask companies to explain, I get responses like that a product is vegan, organic, natural, or has no chemicals, preservatives, is 'ethical' with minimal waste, or ingredients that are on the warning list with the Environmental Working Group that would be glass and not plastic."

Basically, anything can be called Clean Beauty. So, my recommendation is to find something that you like and work for you without worrying about the label.

Honored Contributor

I dont understand how Josie made it in there, when her very colorful masks are full of artificial dyes, she should be using fruit and veggie colors. 

Honored Contributor

The different stores have their own definitions for Clean Beauty. So you look up what their standards are. I assume HSN must not have Tetrasodium EDTA on their no no list. So the issue would be with HSN rather than Beekman.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@lindseyemmie 

They meet QVC's "clean" standards.

Honored Contributor

@lindseyemmie 

Is it in all their soaps now? I have a list of ingredients in some of their soaps from 2013. 5 of them have it the rest do not.

Respected Contributor

I have used Beekman products and have liked them.  Someone on this forum informed us of another company in the state of Indiana that has good goat milk products and I am now using their products.  I think they are simpler with pretty much 0 additives.  The company's name is Goat Milk Stuff and the website is simple to figure out.