Super Contributor

I have a question about the soap for all you regular users. I read all the reviews and they were all positive except for one and that is the one that concerns me. The reviewer said because it is a milk product she found the shower drain got real nasty and had to be cleaned often or it would get stopped up. Has anyone else had that problem? I purchased the lip balm while on a trip this spring and love it so I wanted to try the soap. I don't need another thing that needs to be scrubbed.

BTW, I love their story of how they got started and the community support.

Respected Contributor

@Veridoc  I’ve used their soap exclusively in the shower for  probably four years now. I’ve never had a problem at all. 

Respected Contributor

@Veridoc wrote:

I have a question about the soap for all you regular users. I read all the reviews and they were all positive except for one and that is the one that concerns me. The reviewer said because it is a milk product she found the shower drain got real nasty and had to be cleaned often or it would get stopped up. Has anyone else had that problem? I purchased the lip balm while on a trip this spring and love it so I wanted to try the soap. I don't need another thing that needs to be scrubbed.

BTW, I love their story of how they got started and the community support.

For me my tub did start draining slow.  I ended up pouring Dawn Ultra Platinum Down my drain and running hot water after 15 minutes.  Drano or Liquid Plumber just wasn't helping.

Respected Contributor

Do they only sell their soaps on HSN and QVC? Just wondering if maybe some stores cary it also.

Respected Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

Do they only sell their soaps on HSN and QVC? Just wondering if maybe some stores cary it also.

@cuddlesmama Beekman has their own website and a retail store in Sharon Springs, NY.  Other retailers carry their products as well.  My daughter just drove out to CA from MO and picked me up a bar of lump of gold somewhere along the way.

Valued Contributor

I saw the soaps on amazon as well. Pricing on HSN seems to be the best.

Honored Contributor

DH and I use this soap and I can't say I've taken note of how long a bar lasts.  We just use it and replace as necessary.

I did have to laugh, however, at Jennifer Coffey in the show she did, going over the top and saying a bar "lasts forever"!  Well, if that was true, no one would ever have to purchase a second bar.

Super Contributor

Thanks to everyone who let me know what they thought of the soap.

@ JYWilliams: Thanks for the tip about Dawn Platinum. I never heard that before and will give it a try.